• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:58:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 578
Total: 578

Chops and Sweet Baby Rays

Started by Mugwump, May 25, 2014, 05:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...t'aint burnt...that's the sauce after cooking a bit.....yum..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have smoked meat but I have never grilled.  It's time I learned.  That looks good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I have a gas grill and a charcoal grill.....some things just need that good old charcoal cooking.....

..if your looking for a good grill for yourself....grab a Weber 'Smokey Joe'....you can cook a whole chicken on that little grill......does a fantastic job....wish that I had one too....I may grab one when I see one on sale somewhere?...my old Weber was a gift from Jan for our first anniversary....it lasted over 30+ years before it gave out... ;D  miss that old grill...shoot, just got it broke in too...LOL ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If I'm going to grill I want charcoal.  I looked up the Smokey Joe's.  They're cheap!  Even I don't need to wait for a sale!

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 25, 2014, 06:28:44 PM
If I'm going to grill I want charcoal.  I looked up the Smokey Joe's.  They're cheap!  Even I don't need to wait for a sale!

LOL...I have two now...gas/charcoal.....it'd take a sale before I'd get another ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

My little charcoal Smokey Joe arrived yesterday.  I decided to grill baby back ribs this weekend.  I know that this recipe is mostly made in the oven.  I haven't grilled for 'bout ever and need to learn again.  I think that this will be an easy way to start.  Looks good, don't you think?  I'll have it with corn on the cob for sure and a green veggie I haven't decided upon yet.  I bought the ribs today.
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/best-ever-barbecued-ribs

Mugwump

Jon