• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 11:08:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 433
Total: 433

Beans & Franks...

Started by Mugwump, June 07, 2016, 05:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

not the case here.  The only passable resturant less than 20 miles from here is a Mexican and it passes by just a sliver.  This is why I learned (am learning) to cook.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2016, 06:20:21 PM
not the case here.  The only passable resturant less than 20 miles from here is a Mexican and it passes by just a sliver.  This is why I learned (am learning) to cook.

....necessity rocks...plus it can be fun.... w!w
Jon

BallAquatics

Another BIG salad here.  The one last night was so tasty I need a repeat.  With roasted red peppers, pepperoncini, and spicy banana peppers, it hardly needs a dressing......  but I still give it a splash of raspberry vinegarette   LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I know!  I found out I really like it!  It can be expensive, though.  The more I cook the more stuff I feel I need.  At least I have regretted none of my purchases thus far.  I hope I feel the same after I decide to spring for the nice oven.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2016, 06:39:45 PM
I know!  I found out I really like it!  It can be expensive, though.  The more I cook the more stuff I feel I need.  At least I have regretted none of my purchases thus far.  I hope I feel the same after I decide to spring for the nice oven.

...I doubt it....that kind of oven is likely a dream to cook with, compared to standard fair......faster and more even cooking too...
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's a gamble but I'll buy it when I get ready.  Probably after NADA.  I called my appliance fix-it man and asked his opinion on it.  He advised me on what brand of washer to buy.  He said that ranges were the one thing that he didn't recommend one brand over another.  He said that he bought the same one that I'm wanting and hasn't had the first problem with it, but it's hit and miss.  Some of all brands are lemons from the get-go.

wsantia1

The last of my beef stew huh and it was really good. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.