• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 08:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 98
Total: 98

Saturday's tune

Started by Bushkill, November 22, 2014, 07:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bushkill

This song is at the end of the B-side of a treasured piece of vinyl I own.

When my oldest was just a baby, Caroline and I both worked and the pickup and dropoff schedule at the daycare center was just surreal at times. I had pickup duty as well as dinner starting duty. But about every day, I would simply put a record on the turntable, let it play and flip it over. It kept me and Christina amused to a degree as we sang along while I tried to throw dinner together before Caroline got home.

As the days went on I got a bit lazy about changing the tune selection, so this LP eventually became a "soundtrack" of sorts. I'd gotten the routine down really good so that I had dinner going by the end of side one. That gave me time to dance across the living room floor with Christina while side 2 played. Note: I've never been one to cut the rug, by a mile. But this is the last song on the B-side and it never failed me as we danced slowly in the living room and I would sing along (nope, no crooner either) with Christina's head resting on my shoulder. I never found a lullaby that worked better.

Mugwump

Thank you for sharing....that is one of the best groups....EVER...IMHO....and I'll stand by it too... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

The music and the dancing with Christina story is just lovely. Brought a tear to my eye.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Bushkill

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 22, 2014, 09:43:10 AM
The music and the dancing with Christina story is just lovely. Brought a tear to my eye.

Daddy's little girl just wouldn't fit. We danced to it at my pumpkin's wedding a few years one more time. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Jon, CSN is basically the "house band" here.