• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 06:03:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 700
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 602
Total: 603

Remnant Saturday

Started by wsantia1, August 29, 2020, 08:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning all. We are getting the remnants of Laura of Hurricane Laura here today. The heaviest rain came overnight but we will have on and off T-Storms the rest of the day.

Our high temp will be only 79 degrees. That's the lowest high temp we've had in a while.

More water changes today. I am going to add small heaters to my shrimp thanks to get temps up to 75-76 degrees. They are at 70 right now so I will increase 1-2 degrees until I get the temps where I want them.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check on you guys later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It rained buckets most of the day yesterday.  None forecast for today, though.  I'll be headed to the LFS and to Home Depot later.  Doing some cleaning and rearranging in the grooming room first
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi, so far our only Laura remnant is some wind and clouds.  I was so hoping for rain, but none so far.  I think it is all north of us.  I did go to the beach earlier today and have never seen such wind and high surf.  I could only take it for 45 min.  Nobody could wear hats or use beach umbrellas.  I saw 2 surfers who I thought for sure would drown.  But they didn't, at least while I was there.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I've been a little old lady variation on a moving man.  I got the cage bank with it's frame on wheels moved to the old barn.  That tired me out enough.  Then I moved all the grooming stuff out of the grooming room, cloroxed the walls and washed the floor to within an inch of it's life.  A floor needs to be squeaky clean if it is to be sealed.

Then I bagged fish and headed of to hattiesburg to the fish store and home depot.  The fish store will order the 4 outlet air pump I need.  I got a sack of black gravel for my yellow and rili red shrimp.   Across the street, Home Depot was out of regular concrete blocks!  I forgot to take the piece of my ceramic flooring with me.  My understanding is that if the ceramic is glazed it used one kind of sealer and if it's unglazed it used another type.  Most all are glazed but my floor isn't as shiny as most.  It's more of a matt finish.  Someone who knows what to look for can tell me if my flooring is glazed or not.  I can't tell and I want to but the right stuff cause sealer ain't cheap.

I'm rambling.  Sorry.  Down to the fish room to do WC. then I long hot soak in the tub, before I get my clean body into my clean jammies, and climb into my nice bed with it's clean sheets and a good book.  When I'm done with, I'll turn off the light and snuggle with my dirty dogs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

We got lots of rain earlier today but it seems to be gone for now. We still have cloudy skies and high humidity so another shower or two is not out of the question. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.