• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 02:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 470
Total: 470

Hot Friday

Started by wsantia1, August 28, 2020, 07:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I was on the site for a moment yesterday but I didn't post and then the rest of the day got away from me quickly.

It's going to be a hot and humid day here but I'm glad that I am here and not in the zone that Laura passed through. Prayers go out to those folks down there.

Our high temp is forecast to be 87 degrees which means it will hit 90+ degrees. Tomorrow we will also get the remnants of Laura.

Water changes, laundry and chillin out on the agenda today.

Wishing everyone a great day and I am sure I'll be back on.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie.  Another hot humid one here.  We got some rain last night and we're supposed to have showers and storms later today.

I have a dog at 9 and then at 1 an appointment for an eye exam.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Good morning guys and gals...the last 2 days have been really busy...I'v been staying buys with getting stuff ready for the swap meet tomorrow...I'll be going over in a little bit to mark off the floors with painters's tape in 6 foot spacings and taping distance and mask reminders all over the place...
...yesterday and day before i had several people that want me to bring them shrimp, so, late last nite I was pulling them and getting them into plastic mayonnaise jars...my blue colony is finally large enough to sell some...

...I'll get home around noon and finish wrapping and boxing my Dragonstone things, then pull some plants to bag...

...weather is still 104-110 these days and still dry...

...I have cousin in Galveston, Tx who went inland to stay with family for the hurricane, but went back home yesterday...they apparently weren't hit too badly...I hope you guys there one the east coast are not going to get too much bad stormy weather...I can just imagine the humidity you're dealing with...I remember it well...

...we are really enjoying our new kitchen floor...the vinyl planking is so much better than the laminate planking....it feels solid under foot and we don't have to worry so much about water drips getting between the planks and having the flooring swell at the joining edges...I need it in my fishroom...

...you guys and gals take care today...cheers to all....

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi all, it is another 100 degree day here, my plants are so dry.  I will need to do a lot of hose watering in a couple hrs. just to keep things alive.  In weather like this I wish I had only desert plants.  I don't want a hurricane of course, but we sure need a lot of rain.  Hope you all are doing OK, I am doing my best here.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on August 28, 2020, 03:54:46 PM
Hi all, it is another 100 degree day here, my plants are so dry.  I will need to do a lot of hose watering in a couple hrs. just to keep things alive.  In weather like this I wish I had only desert plants.  I don't want a hurricane of course, but we sure need a lot of rain.  Hope you all are doing OK, I am doing my best here.
Barb

I wish I could send you some Barb. We have severe T-Storms at the moment. Power went off and on a couple of times in the last hour. Just a couple of hours ago it was 96 degrees under a scorching sun.
Willie

BallAquatics

Afternoon all.  Great day here in central Ohio.  82 with some pop-up thunder storms and then sunshine.  Very enjoyable out on the front porch this morning.

Mowed some grass, took a bike ride, did a bit of website work.  Just a lazy kind of day.

Take care - Dennis

Ron Sower

...finally got everything done for the swap meet...the Jeep is 2/3 full and all I have to lad in the morning is livestock...

...I'll check back later Sat night or Sunday...til then....have a good time...!

...Happy Aquariuming!...Ron

BTW...BArb, even our desert cacti are wilting right now...laying right over on the ground...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 29, 2020, 12:43:26 AM
...finally got everything done for the swap meet...the Jeep is 2/3 full and all I have to lad in the morning is livestock...

...I'll check back later Sat night or Sunday...til then....have a good time...!

...Happy Aquariuming!...Ron

BTW...BArb, even our desert cacti are wilting right now...laying right over on the ground...!

Have a great time Ron.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Tell us all about it once you have recovered.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Wow, Ron wilted cactus?  Now that is some dry soil.  We sure need rain, so far none.  Hope your swap was fun and profitable.
Barb