• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 783
Total: 783

Happy Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, January 27, 2021, 01:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everybody. The sun is out but it is still cold at 41 degrees. Anyway it is winter and I've been through much worse weather. Especially when I lived in the Chicago area.

I'm in the fishroom putzing and listening to some tunes. I did get my delivery from Brine Shrimp Direct. It was only 2 days late. I got some San Francisco brine ship eggs and some decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. Anybody here ever use the decapsulated eggs?

I'll be getting my fish tank maintenance stuff ready to take over Vikki's house tomorrow so I can work on her (mine) 55 gallon tank.

With everything that's been going with her the tank has gone to crap. I haven't seen her since before Christmas due to her mother's passing and her catching Covid.

I hope everyone has a great day. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, warmish here, in the 50's afternoons, but oh the rain.  Today is at least 4 days straight of rain. Wish I could send some out to Ron!  My soaking wet rug from the broken tank the other day is even more soaking now, draped over lawn chairs on the patio. Probably weighs over 100 lbs by now. Too heavy for me to move at all.   May be months until it is dry enough to bring back in.  What kind of fish are in Vikki's tank?  Live plants too?

My water lettuce that Ron sent me a few sprigs of is about to push off the tank lid.  I have never seen it grow like this, what Liz sent me was small too, but never grew like this.  It is the Kudzu of aquarium/pond plants.  Don't know what to do with it alll.  Too cold to put outside.  I don't deal with our local pet shop or would give to them. But they would either sell it for $10 for a bit of it, or kill it.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on January 27, 2021, 01:25:04 PM
Hi Willie, warmish here, in the 50's afternoons, but oh the rain.  Today is at least 4 days straight of rain. Wish I could send some out to Ron!  My soaking wet rug from the broken tank the other day is even more soaking now, draped over lawn chairs on the patio. Probably weighs over 100 lbs by now. Too heavy for me to move at all.   May be months until it is dry enough to bring back in.  What kind of fish are in Vikki's tank?  Live plants too?

My water lettuce that Ron sent me a few sprigs of is about to push off the tank lid.  I have never seen it grow like this, what Liz sent me was small too, but never grew like this.  It is the Kudzu of aquarium/pond plants.  Don't know what to do with it alll.  Too cold to put outside.  I don't deal with our local pet shop or would give to them. But they would either sell it for $10 for a bit of it, or kill it.
Barb

Hi Barb. No rain here after being misty for the last couple of days. Vikkie has a couple of angels and a few cory's. She only has plastic plant's in the tanks. lol From the looks of the pictures I suspect it will probably just need a medium sized water change (10-15 gallons) to remove nitrates.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

,,,and a good afternoon to you guys and gals...! :)

...no Barb!...don't send any rain out here... we have rain showers the last few days ...beautiful in the low 60s and clear skies right now....the mountains have a bunch of snow caps now...

...Sounds like you've got this with Vikkie's tank, Willie!...I hope you have a fun weekend...safe one too!...

...I did my first maintenance visit at the office this afternoon...It's so cool that they shut the office for 2 hours from12-2pm...no one in my way and I can get it done quickly...no problems today and the peacocks look good...

...also made the rounds to 3 LFS...picked up a green spotted puffer to replace one that died....and picked up 2 C. julii...I have 2 large grown adults in the tetra/barb tank that are supposed to be false julii...so now I have some for comparison...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's another mostly cool, overcast sometimes rainy sometimes breezy not nice day.  The lady that came to look at Discus yesterday bought 6 juvies.  I like her a lot.  She has done research and knows how to listed to good advice. 

I went earlier today to the feed store and the LPS where I picked up my Celestial Pearl Danios.  My God they were tiny.  I didn't want to risk putting them in with my Betta so I put them in a shrimp tank so they can grow some.

Miss Chickie is still in the fish room.  I went to scoop her up while she was sleeping last night and take her to the chicken house.  For the first time she was roosting on the top of my folding step stool.  I just couldn't make myself do it.  Plus, this would be a terrible time to move her.  It's been in the high 60's and low 70's for the past week and starting today it will slowly turn colder.  I'll just be stuck dealing with chicken shit and chicken laundry for a while.

My outside hens are starting to lay again now the days are getting longer.  The ones that molted have just about replaced the feathers that they had lost.  2 new ones started laying today.  I knew that they'd just started laying because they came into the house.  After poking around in everything looking for just the right spot, they each found their own perfect place, laid an eggs and then went back outside.
Always move forward. Never look back.