• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 640
Total: 640

Water holding tank

Started by P4Angels, October 17, 2012, 01:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

My original plan was to get 2 55 gallon storage tanks (craigslist for under $50 check under rain barrels) and run the filter (see water filer in the DIY section) to the drums. Then circulate the water with a sump from harbor freight and then to the fish tanks. Adding a float valve will ensure they don't flood the room.

The control valve when closed will circulate the water. When open it will be used to fill the tanks.

I'm using a 240 GPH pump that I use to empty the tanks. I put a modified end to the pump so it will pull the water with out sucking in the fish. Again the plan is to use another 55 gallon drum to collect the fish water out side and use it in the yard.

Here is the updated 100 gallon holding tank with a spray bar to help circulate the water:

edited by me.....there's a 'utube' entry button on the right top.....
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...