• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 02:47:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 756
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 726
Total: 726

USPS, IL, and MS.

Started by LizStreithorst, December 05, 2014, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

A high percentage of my shipments sent to and received from IL are either slow or painfully slow.  What's up with that?  Is there a postal war going on between our states, do you think.

At least my 2 day late shipment of young Blue Marbles was in Mobile AL this morning.  I don't know why the post office in Champagne send it to Mobile, but at least they sent it down south where they shouldn't have died of cold when the heat pack ran out today.  If they were well packed they should make it.  I'll let y'all know in the morning. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I've watched a couple travel that route too...???....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Champagne kept them for 2 days before they figured out which direction to send them ::)  I've been known to complain to the management with excellent results, but in the case of the USPS it will do me no good :(

Barb

Hope they arrive OK tomorrow Liz.  I have nothing good to say about USPS these days, especially ours here.
Barb

ghonk

I sent a few packages and the route was crazy,they wern't fish or priority,but.
Chicago area to Indiana,had to go to PA first,WTH.
Chicago area to a FEW suburbs over,VIA Iowa.So 400 miles to go 10.   

LizStreithorst

I wish they were all like my post office ladies.  First time I shipped fish with them they asked all about it and told me the box would be turned every which way during shipping.  I knew that without having to be told.  When I bring in a box of fish the lady stands up on her tip toes to read the label rather than turning it on it's side.  I thanked her.  She said that she can't be responsible for what happens when the box leaves her office, but that when it's at her place they will do everything right.

JC

Shipping and receiving from Illinois I usually have problems with Mississippi and New York. Everywhere else don't have problems and I've shipped to all but maybe 10 states

EdKaz

If I mail a Christmas Card to my NEIGHBOR 100 feet away, Our Local Post office first sends it to Champaign Il 125 MILES AWAY......, than BACK that same 125 MILES to town, and THAN out to the neighbors house.

A letter, card etc mailed from the local PO, to ANY address in town here, or even neighboring towns, travels AT LEAST 250 miles to get to where its going.

USPS..... the leaders in UN-logistics

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on December 06, 2014, 12:03:25 PM
If I mail a Christmas Card to my NEIGHBOR 100 feet away, Our Local Post office first sends it to Champaign Il 125 MILES AWAY......, than BACK that same 125 MILES to town, and THAN out to the neighbors house.

A letter, card etc mailed from the local PO, to ANY address in town here, or even neighboring towns, travels AT LEAST 250 miles to get to where its going.

USPS..... the leaders in UN-logistics

Well, ya get your monies worth++ on those don't ya..???....LOL....everything here goes to Elk Grove village...or if they get a wild hair...Forest Park... ;D   
   The only abysses that I've found are Mississippi, and Colorado....Denver's the 'black hole'....I've been using 'Speedy Delivery' for local and adjoining covered states.....works like a charm...they even pick up here at the house....if fish, it rides in the cab to their distribution center in Rockford...nice folks to deal with here too...in most cases, it's next day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm still waiting.  They arrived in hattiesburg at 1 am.  They made it to Moselle (a 20 minute drive) at 8:45 am.  I thought I had him ship to my shop in Ellisville but I must have made a mistake :(  I don't believe they got to Moselle early enough to make it on the delivery car and the Moselle PO is only open for a couple of hours in the morning.  Saturday mail is generally delivered around 3 pm.  If they're not out for delivery it will be Monday morning before I can pick them up.  That would mean 6 days in transit.  Six days is an awful long time. 

I'll drive up to the main road in a couple of hours.  Perhaps the mail lady will let me meet her at the PO after hours when she's done with her route.

LizStreithorst

The mail lady had them in her car and they are all alive and well.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2014, 03:35:01 PM
The mail lady had them in her car and they are all alive and well.

Yeeeeaaaaaa !!!!!.....wonderful news.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

ilroost

Glad everything worked out ok

LizStreithorst

I just gave these fish a good look with my hard eye.  There's not a bad one among the 10.  The most attractive fish of the entire batch is a pearl scale.  I'm floating on a cloud.