• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:08:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 774
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 770
Total: 770

Shipping is fun?

Started by LizStreithorst, December 01, 2014, 04:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I thought it would be OK up until the 15th.  Another lesson learned.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 03, 2014, 04:29:33 PM
I thought it would be OK up until the 15th.  Another lesson learned.

It should be ok....after today tho, you can just about plan on 7 day, 2 day shipping... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You answered the question that I PM'd you.  Tell me when it will be safe to ship again.  I need to get with the sweet guy in IL I was to ship to Monday and offer him choices.  Thank God this was a private sale rather than an Aquabid sale.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 03, 2014, 04:27:00 PM
....holiday mail/package/etc traffic is too much now to chance a box of fish...

My thoughts as well.  I usually give it up a week or two before Thanksgiving and then pick-up again towards the end of February or early March depending on the weather.

Dennis

Mugwump

With good packing and plenty of heat packs, I've shipped in winter...albeit not too often...I ship in January...sparsely......February's usually's not bad....Mar/April is about perfect....it makes a big difference where to tho.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The guy still wants the pair.  How long after Jan first does shipping get back to normal?  The guy wants to pick them up at his local post office.  That buys more time because the fish will not have to be driven around in a cold truck for a day so even if it takes the box 3 days to arrive, they will be in a temperature controlled room rather that in a cold truck for most of the day.

Mugwump

Fedex overnight might work....costly tho......UPS next day??....USPS Priority Express...about $40 for next day ( 2 day).....It's near Peoria so a good chance at it...all 72 hr heat packs....30's days/20's nights.....you might want to even send it to the PO itself....with Call xxx xxx xxxx, name, for pickup....just to make sure it doesn't go on a delivery truck....?????????...just ideas...
Jon

LizStreithorst

It needs to go USPS Priority.  I need to know how long after the 1st of January shipping schedules get back to normal.  I ship late in the afternoon and he's picking up.  It buys time on both ends. 

Mugwump

After the first week, things get back to normal pretty much...6th or 7th ???
Jon

LizStreithorst

LizStreithorst

The other pair was delivered to the front door of the lady in FL who has been worrying me to death.  You'd think that if she was so worried she'd have at least been home to receive the shipment.  I told her that tracking said that they would be delivered today ::)  Her fish should be fine, unless the box was kicked in like happened to My Captain.  She has an hour and 15 minutes to contact me about any any DOA's.  I'm generally not a hard ass, but in this case I might become a hard ass.

With my incoming blue marbles from IL, it's another story...His box left Campaign IL yesterday morning and there has been no update since except that expected delivery is Sat.  He shipped Tues morning, priority.  A 72 hr heat pack will run out tomorrow morning.  If they make it down south by then, they should be fine because it's unseasonably warm here.  If they're stuck in limbo in up north they won't stand a chance.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 04, 2014, 03:52:44 PM
The other pair was delivered to the front door of the lady in FL who has been worrying me to death.  You'd think that if she was so worried she'd have at least been home to receive the shipment.  I told her that tracking said that they would be delivered today ::)  Her fish should be fine, unless the box was kicked in like happened to My Captain.  She has an hour and 15 minutes to contact me about any any DOA's.  I'm generally not a hard ass, but in this case I might become a hard ass.

With my incoming blue marbles from IL, it's another story...His box left Campaign IL yesterday morning and there has been no update since except that expected delivery is Sat.  He shipped Tues morning, priority.  A 72 hr heat pack will run out tomorrow morning.  If they make it down south by then, they should be fine because it's unseasonably warm here.  If they're stuck in limbo in up north they won't stand a chance.

Good luck...... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

STILL no word from the FL lady.

I contacted the guy in IL who sent me the BM's.  I didn't bitch I just wanted to keep him up to date.  He's just a kid and he doesn't know to watch his shipments like a hawk.  He did say that he uses 72 hr heat packs.  That's a relief.

LizStreithorst

Well, rude the lady in FL is no longer a worry.  It's past time for her to contact me about any DOA's.  I am a hard ass on this one.  Thank God it was an Aquabid sale so I could put my terms of sale down in black and white (thanks for that advice, Mug). 

It could be that this lady is so rude that the fish arrived just fine and she didn't take the trouble to let me know.  She'll get neutral feedback from me with a short to the point comment as long as she doesn't try to pull something on me.

I had a bad feeling about this one from the get go.  But she came from nowhere, without even asking me a question and won from my nice guy.  That's OK her pair eat their eggs.  The pair I'm sending to the nice guy in IL will parent raise ;)

Barb

Hope the ones you are waiting for arrive fine.  I know what that wait is like. 
Barb