• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 09:07:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 805
Total: 805

Shipping is fun?

Started by LizStreithorst, December 01, 2014, 04:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I used to dread it.  I despised it.  I said it was cursed.  Then I did it more and learned what box to use in what weather and how to deal with heat packs when the temps are inbetweenish (thanks for that, Mug) and now I actually kind of enjoy shipping.  I know that at some point something bad will happen,  and I know that I'll learn how to refine my methods more, but from previous mistakes, I've also found out how tough the fish are.  I think I've developed my own way that works from where I live to south of here and also to the frozen North.  Just wait...I'll have a disaster and not feel so optimistic about the whole thing.

I love my ladies at my local post office.  They are the greatest.  They go out of their way to help me.  They never bend rules, or course, but they go out of their way to help people as much as they can.  I've seen it a few times when they've gone beyond the line of duty.  These ladies have good hearts.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Yeppers, we all learn from each one that we ship.....and receive too ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I have rarely had a shipping go well, receiving or sending.  Maybe someday I will.
Barbī

LizStreithorst

I learned a lesson from shipping your's Barb  They are arrived alive and well, though.  Isn't that the important thing?

Barb

Yes, but my nerves were damaged for awhile though.  Fish are fine now though.  Expect them to spawn any day. ;D
Barb

LizStreithorst

sorry 'bout that :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  I should have sent you two of the smaller ones ::)  Perhaps one day you'll decide to let them raise a spawn :P

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2014, 08:29:21 PM
sorry 'bout that :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  I should have sent you two of the smaller ones ::)  Perhaps one day you'll decide to let them raise a spawn :P

...or have no choice....he he  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

They can do as they please, they just don't get a tank of their own, they will have to raise their young in the community angel tank.  In this tank I believe there are now 6 females and one male. The only other fish in there is my 17 yr old clown pleco who is about 2" long.

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on December 01, 2014, 08:39:33 PM
They can do as they please, they just don't get a tank of their own, they will have to raise their young in the community angel tank.  In this tank I believe there are now 6 females and one male. The only other fish in there is my 17 yr old clown pleco who is about 2" long.

A ha !!...the lucky guy has a harem !!!.....I've had trio's and quads raise fry....one male/two-three females.....and yep, all the girls spawned and the 'King' serviced them all... ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

OMG, what a sight that would have been.  I'd have had to pulled the cone if that ever happened to me.  Barb has all sorts of variety of strains, but I don't know what they are. 

Barb, what strains of Angels do you have?

greydragon

how do you sex clown pleco?? i have a very old one and have never know if she is a he or he is a she

Barb

Quote from: greydragon on December 01, 2014, 10:12:38 PM
how do you sex clown pleco?? i have a very old one and have never know if she is a he or he is a she

Sorry, I have no idea.

Barb

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2014, 08:58:31 PM
OMG, what a sight that would have been.  I'd have had to pulled the cone if that ever happened to me.  Barb has all sorts of variety of strains, but I don't know what they are. 

Barb, what strains of Angels do you have?

Well, I have your two Koi, on veil tail koi, one almost solid red koi with a few black spots, one solid black veil tail who is huge, and two black marble with lots of red on their crowns, all very pretty fish.  And all quite large, all in a 75 gal with the one little pleco, plants and wood, on sand.
Barb

LizStreithorst

2 shipments out of 3 are at least one day late.  This is when shipping gets stressful.  The rude lady in Fla. acts like it's my fault! 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 03, 2014, 04:19:38 PM
2 shipments out of 3 are at least one day late.  This is when shipping gets stressful.  The rude lady in Fla. acts like it's my fault!

.....LOL......don't they always???.....she's looking at the same tracking info that you have too  ;D......Dec's shot as far as any shipping is concerned....holiday mail/package/etc traffic is too much now to chance a box of fish...
Jon