• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 05:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Monday's cup....

Started by Mugwump, August 14, 2017, 06:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Morn'n all.....55deg's out there now, high about 80....and maybe rain moving in for the next 3-4 days..... huh

..coffee's great, greatest coffee ever, a winning cup of coffee, best coffee ever made.....yada yada....a 'yuge' cup full, biggest ever....

..a putz'n day here...a bunch of running around to do.....then chill'n...

...now?....more coffee.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2..... ;)...yup, and super duper good !!  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....a trip to Kishwaukee College for books, etc........errands are done........... |^|
Jon

wallace

Good Morning. Today I'm going to look at some maps and plan our trip north next week to the eclipse. A place on BLM land in central Oregon should work, we can drive up the afternoon before and camp out. I heard that if you can find a mountaintop with a view of a big valley, you can see the Moon's shadow racing across the valley floor at 1000 MPH.

I had to do WCs last night with my left hand because I injured the right one. My left hand and arm are worthless for any task that requires eye-hand coordination, but I got it done sort of.

Dan

LizStreithorst

Dan, are you a klutz?  How did you hurt your hand?  A while back you hurt your back when you fell in the creek huh

I envy your trip to Oregon.  I'll stay home and watch a partial eclipse.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...kiss it and make it feel better, then move on..... |^|
Jon

waterboy

I have sort of given up coffee. I've either lost a taste for it or just gotten out of the habit. Always seemed to have a donut with it and I don't need the extra weight. Trying to lose some, but not real hard, more just thinking about it than trying.
Got some water changes done and proved to myself once again that 35 gallons of water will not fit in a 29 gallon tank.  Oh well the floor needed a cleaning anyway.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wallace

I'm not a klutz generally but I'm always doing stuff. I was running 2x8s through the table saw and while shoving a block plane along the edges I got a deep puncture wound, the kind that can get a nasty infection so I figured better keep it out of the fish tanks for a couple days.
Dan

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: waterboy on August 14, 2017, 01:41:44 PM
I have sort of given up coffee. I've either lost a taste for it or just gotten out of the habit. Always seemed to have a donut with it and I don't need the extra weight. Trying to lose some, but not real hard, more just thinking about it than trying.
Got some water changes done and proved to myself once again that 35 gallons of water will not fit in a 29 gallon tank.  Oh well the floor needed a cleaning anyway.
All kinds of revelations from you today!  ???  At least the floor got cleaned... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...Hello gang!...I'm just not into doing much today... missing coffee still...

...watched a video on killifish keeping and breeding...I think I'm going to do the Natural Method...throw them into a 5 or 10g tank full of Java moss and let them do their thing...! 

...i think I'll replace Lucy's TV with one we picked up last night at Jim's...surprise her when she gets home later today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on August 14, 2017, 02:12:09 PM
I'm not a klutz generally but I'm always doing stuff. I was running 2x8s through the table saw and while shoving a block plane along the edges I got a deep puncture wound, the kind that can get a nasty infection so I figured better keep it out of the fish tanks for a couple days.

There is less chance of infection if an injury bleeds.  Puncture wounds don't bleed much.  That's why they get infected.  A piece of wood isn't as bad as a cat bite but you are wise to keep your hand out of the tanks.  Were you able to at least shoot some OTC antibiotic ointment in the hole?

wallace

I didn't think of doing that. I'll soak it later in hot salt water.

I must be taking the day off, its after lunch time and all I've done is fiddle-fart around all morning.
Dan

LizStreithorst

If it gets hot and red get your ass to the doctor.

waterboy

Quote from: wallace on August 14, 2017, 12:28:50 PM
Good Morning. Today I'm going to look at some maps and plan our trip north next week to the eclipse. A place on BLM land in central Oregon should work, we can drive up the afternoon before and camp out. I heard that if you can find a mountaintop with a view of a big valley, you can see the Moon's shadow racing across the valley floor at 1000 MPH.

I wouldn't doubt that there are probably 50,000 other people with the same idea.  Camping spots might be a little crowded.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.