• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 03:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 611
Total: 611

Sunday's coffee....

Started by Mugwump, November 08, 2015, 07:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's great, still waking up tho....heavy frost again last night...cool again today....

A trip to the animal/bird shop this morn'n, then some serious putz'n and relaxing....a few fry water changes..some tunes...maybe a nap too ???

pot #2 now.....eyes are open finally......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee was great this morning. My pot is finished but I am good for now. The Sun is finally out here but temps won't break 60 today. They also revised the temps for midweek down to the mid 60s with rain added into the forecast. :-\

Water changes on tap here this morning. I will squeeze them in between the 1 and 4 pm football time slot. My team plays at that time and they are not on TV but I can get them on Sirius radio in the basement while I am working on the tanks. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...I'm awake more now...but should have sleep in....yup...maybe tomorrow I'll just roll over and pull em over my head....???

Igor is in the other room spouting a continuous bunch whatever jabber...with a real word seeming to come out now and then.....crazy nut....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Chilly morning here...hard frost. It's nice and sunny though so I'll go outdoors today and finish emptying out the pots that have the last of the summer plants in them.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Funny and lovely...The guy who worked for me here at the farm and as a helper in the grooming shop 20 years ago stopped by to visit.  He's a cop now so he showed up in his cop car.  The phone rang twice while we were chatting.  I ignored it.  After he left I saw that it was my two closest neighbors who had called.  They both were worried about me because the cops drove past their houses to mine. I joked that they must have been afraid I'd been caught growing natural substances in my front yard or something ;) 

My neighbors leave me alone. They know that I'm a solitary soul.  How lovely to find out that they are concerned about me.  They thought that I might have had an emergency and called 911. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 08, 2015, 02:11:26 PM
Funny and lovely...The guy who worked for me here at the farm and as a helper in the grooming shop 20 years ago stopped by to visit.  He's a cop now so he showed up in his cop car.  The phone rang twice while we were chatting.  I ignored it.  After he left I saw that it was my two closest neighbors who had called.  They both were worried about me because the cops drove past their houses to mine. I joked that they must have been afraid I'd been caught growing natural substances in my front yard or something ;) 

My neighbors leave me alone. They know that I'm a solitary soul.  How lovely to find out that they are concerned about me.  They thought that I might have had an emergency and called 911.

That's great....having good neighbors is a wonderful thing, we have a couple on either side of us here too...

Jon

LizStreithorst

Pancho, the cop, who is now 37 with a son studying Engineering at Old Miss is looking for a piece of land around here.  Although he worked many years in Jackson he was offered a job here and came back.  He grew up right down the road from my place and this area is home to him. 

He was working and was called away because they were setting up a road block on Sanford Rd a few miles from here.  He said, "Why with this rain?"  I was thinking, "looking for a piece of land to build a house?"

I will never consider selling my to anyone who I didn't know well and trust.  He's someone who I wouldn't mind having close.  He would leave me alone and watch after me at the same time.  I have one last piece of land left that is close but isolated.  It's a great site for a house.  It's where my Katrina house still tries to stand in her falling down condition.  I don't need the money and it would take me from 10 acres to 8.  I will think on this seriously and while I'm asleep. 

LizStreithorst

Wipe down done. Not my favorite job but better than sponge squeezing and Magnum cleanings which I did last week.  I'm waiting for the debris to settle before I do a big kick ass WC.