• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 584
Total: 584

Thursday's coffee...................

Started by Mugwump, November 05, 2015, 05:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...A very good cup of coffee...MMMmm...looks like the last day of decent weather before fall really settles in around here....

A bit of putz'n, and gathering the last things needed for the TAS table at Aquatic Experience this weekend...We'll be there Fri/Sat.....it'll be fun...I see Mark Huffman is selling plants there ...and the GCCA/GreenWater/Milw fish clubs all have tables too...plus lots of suppliers...lots of handouts  ;D   

We may take 'Stretch & Squirt' with us so they won't miss any feedings...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 05, 2015, 05:52:04 AM
...A very good cup of coffee...MMMmm...looks like the last day of decent weather before fall really settles in around here....

A bit of putz'n, and gathering the last things needed for the TAS table at Aquatic Experience this weekend...We'll be there Fri/Sat.....it'll be fun...I see Mark Huffman is selling plants there ...and the GCCA/GreenWater/Milw fish clubs all have tables too...plus lots of suppliers...lots of handouts  ;D   

On my 2nd pot, both good. Raining right now but going up to 78 degrees later on. Tomorrow will be just as warm.

Good luck with the Aquatic Experience. It should be a great show.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 05, 2015, 07:14:21 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 05, 2015, 05:52:04 AM

On my 2nd pot, both good. Raining right now but going up to 78 degrees later on. Tomorrow will be just as warm.

Good luck with the Aquatic Experience. It should be a great show.

..pot #2 here also....I finally got dressed and am rumbling around doing the morn'n routine....Manny attached to my ankles....LOL....he's been a lover boy this morn'n......he actually let me tie my shoes without snagging the laces.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

This was bonus morning!  We had our coffee and then about an hour later Gary comes by with donuts from our favorite LDS (Local Donut Shop). And of course he had the crispy apple fritter for me and old fashions for Miss Lucy....!  Can it possibly get any better????
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's been dead slow at work this week.  I don't care.  I have a good stash of cash so I know that I can pay my bills by the 15th.  I gave up a while ago sitting around all day long hoping for the phone to ring.  I stand it for as long as I can and then lock up.  If they want me they can reach me on my cell.  Tuesday was 2 dogs.  I stayed until 2 hoping.   Wednesday was one dog and my Chow Chow  I stuck it out until around 1:30.  Today was one dog and my Lhasa Apso mix who just needed an easy bath and brush.  I wasted time until 11:45.  First time I've ever said, f*ckit. and left before noon

I visited Chip's place and gave him a small gift that he will enjoy.  He charged me nothing for the small repair he did.  Came home and enjoyed a good think.  Good enough day....
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 05, 2015, 02:12:10 PM
It's been dead slow at work this week.  I don't care.  I have a good stash of cash so I know that I can pay my bills by the 15th.  I gave up a while ago sitting around all day long hoping for the phone to ring.  I stand it for as long as I can and then lock up.  If they want me they can reach me on my cell.  Tuesday was 2 dogs.  I stayed until 2 hoping.   Wednesday was one dog and my Chow Chow  I stuck it out until around 1:30.  Today was one dog and my Lhasa Apso mix who just needed an easy bath and brush.  I wasted time until 11:45.  First time I've ever said, f*ckit. and left before noon

I visited Chip's place and gave him a small gift that he will enjoy.  He charged me nothing for the small repair he did.  Came home and enjoyed a good think.  Good enough day....

I used to call those 'sanity' days......and just left....why?.....because I could  w!w |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I found out a nice thing at Chip's place.  Past few few times I've stopped by there was guy making old vehicles shine and today making a new one glow,.  I've have always wanted to make Charlotte shine.  I have rubbed her out, I have waxed her.  I bought a fancy electric buffer.  I have not been able to achieve the shine I've been yearning for.  Charlotte needs a pro. The gentleman at Chip's says that he can make her shine for just $60.  I don't know how he can do it for just $60. when I charge $42. for doing a dog that takes 45 minutes.  Labor of love?  All I know is what I have seen that the guy is somehow able to bring out the best in many different finishes.  All I have to do it wait for a day to take Charlotte in when I have a good day of dogs.  He said to just bring her in!

I have such antisipat........ion ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 05, 2015, 03:15:05 PM
I found out a nice thing at Chip's place.  Past few few times I've stopped by there was guy making old vehicles shine and today making a new one glow,.  I've have always wanted to make Charlotte shine.  I have rubbed her out, I have waxed her.  I bought a fancy electric buffer.  I have not been able to achieve the shine I've been yearning for.  Charlotte needs a pro. The gentleman at Chip's says that he can make her shine for just $60.  I don't know how he can do it for just $60. when I charge $42. for doing a dog that takes 45 minutes.  Labor of love?  All I know is what I have seen that the guy is somehow able to bring out the best in many different finishes.  All I have to do it wait for a day to take Charlotte in when I have a good day of dogs.  He said to just bring her in!

I have such antisipat........ion ;)

|^|....+1
Jon

BallAquatics

LizStreithorst

The captivation that Janet showed here is my kind of anticipation.  I think it's about a minute fifty seconds in.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZDWZFtyWY