• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 08:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 848
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 763
Total: 763

want to buy

Started by LizStreithorst, February 23, 2015, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm looking for some Pearl Gouramies (somebody here breeds them but I can't remember who), and some Sterbai Cory's (again, someone here breeds them but I can't remember who).  I've PM'd George about a group of GBR's.  It will be interesting to see how long it will take him to check in and notice that he has a PM.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Got my GBR's ordered from George.  I asked for 8.  He'll ship in early March which is very soon.  Bought 10 Sterbai from a guy on Aquabid.  I'm still looking for the Pearl Gouramie's.  I have such a soft spot for those easy to breed fish.  They are so beautiful when they're in breeding colors and they're so peaceful, and they do so well with Discus.

JC

They had some really nice adult pearl gouramis at my local pet shop a few months ago that were real nice. Was only asking $7ea I think. Very pretty fish

JR

Liz I was doing the Pearls. Going to get back into them this summer.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

That's right.  I couldn't for the life of me remember.  Figures that I'd have waited until you were no longer playing with them to be ready for some ::)  I'll give my LFS guy a call.  Surely he can rustle me up a few.

Mugwump

I'll watch for some at the swaps, if you want?...you just want the pearls, right?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I talked with my LFS guy today and he has 4 in stock.  He can't tell if they're male or female but I can.  If they aren't two males and 2 females he said he'd buy some more.

I may drive in tomorrow.  I'm not going into work because we're supposed to have rain all night and the temps are going to drop below freezing.  I won't be able to get over the river bridge without going sideways until around noon.

LizStreithorst

I got my Pearls.  He had 4 but one had a missing pelvic so I bought 3.  They all appear to be female so I'll go back when he gets more in.  The 100 gallon with the 2 Discus, 15 snots, and 3 Pearl Gouramies looks more empty now than it did before :o  I need my Rams and Sterbai!

I gave the Gouramie's a feeding of BBS.  They act like they think their in heaven.  Live food and 100 gallons to swim in.  Just wait until they get a feeding of live CBWs later this after noon and they'll know what heaven really is ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 26, 2015, 02:12:18 PM
I got my Pearls.  He had 4 but one had a missing pelvic so I bought 3.  They all appear to be female so I'll go back when he gets more in.  The 100 gallon with the 2 Discus, 15 snots, and 3 Pearl Gouramies looks more empty now than it did before :o  I need my Rams and Sterbai!

I gave the Gouramie's a feeding of BBS.  They act like they think their in heaven.  Live food and 100 gallons to swim in.  Just wait until they get a feeding of live CBWs later this after noon and they'll know what heaven really is ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...."grow em big and strong, like bull"......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson