• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:50:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 483
Total: 483

oh boy !..did I mention??

Started by Mugwump, August 17, 2014, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....I've been selected for jury duty on Sept 15th ??.... ;D ...they finally got me.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Luck you, I haven't had that privileged yet.
Scott

ilroost

Never had to do jury duty, thank god

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on August 17, 2014, 07:23:34 PM
Never had to do jury duty, thank god

I'll see to it that you all get a shot at it, now that I'm an 'insider',,,he he he ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That would be mighty nice of you Jon. I would love to spend my day downtown with a room full of strangers. I would probably get some stupid shop lifting case. At least I'll get that big jury duty pay! Ha ha ;D :P
Scott

LizStreithorst

I was so grateful that I dodged the bullet last time they thought they might want me.  I'd have had to close my business for the duration.  At least you're retired, Mug.  You just have to suffer through a big snore.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Hey, those are big bucks !!!..$12.50 1st day, $25.00 each additional day....+56.5 cents a mile each way.....Boomba!!!..I can go to White Castle too... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

OMG, whatever would I have done?  I was foolish enough to think that they'd at least pay minimum wage which doesn't come close to making ends meet.  I'd have ended up in debtor's prison had they wanted me.

I hope you only have a one day'er, Jon.

PaulineMi

Rejection generally isn't pleasant.....unless it's from jury duty.  I got rejected and was happy to walk out.  Hopefully you will be that lucky also.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

If it's a drug trial, I'm going in stoned... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Go in reeking of pot and dispose of all the evidence.  You'll get out for sure.

wsantia1

I have done a murder trial (lasted 3 weeks) in Queens, N.Y.  and in Kane County they have a Coroners jury where you determine the cause of death (2 days). In New York I got paid in full by my boss but I had to give them the 12.50 check the court gave me. lol ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JR

Jury duty sucks. Been called in 3 times in the last 5 year. I think they do that to just to piss me off. First time was a hit and run 2nd time man beats his wife. 3rd time was a rape and they sent me home because I am not a very open minded guy when it comes to rape. When they asked me what I thought about rape. I told them he should be shot. They said have a nice day.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

Quote from: JR on August 19, 2014, 07:08:49 AM
Jury duty sucks. Been called in 3 times in the last 5 year. I think they do that to just to piss me off. First time was a hit and run 2nd time man beats his wife. 3rd time was a rape and they sent me home because I am not a very open minded guy when it comes to rape. When they asked me what I thought about rape. I told them he should be shot. They said have a nice day.

I feel the same way.   We had a friend, when asked if he had a daughter and how did he feel about rape, said, "Yes, and I'd hunt the bastard down and shoot him.".......They didn't keep him around either!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

I was rejected when I was called up for a criminal sexual assault. Apparently a more "open minded" jury found him guilty anyway.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)