• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:23:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 566
Total: 566

Surgery coming up March 24....

Started by Ron Sower, February 20, 2014, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

....so I've started taking down some of my nano tanks and thinning out plants in my larger tanks. I won't be able to put any weight on my foot for 6 weeks. Bunion surgery on the left foot.  Got a wife and couple friends that'll help me with water changes. Heck, they'll probably be more regular than normal!!! Hope getting around on the knee scooter is convenient enough! Ha!

I'll be back in action for summer, then have the other foot done in the fall.  Woohoo!

Lori, the doc will set it up to lease the scooter...covered by Medicare!  Another Woohoo!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Good luck and fast healing with the surgery, Ron. Scooter?....you mean a 'Little Rascal' ??....zoom zoom.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Good luck with the surgery Ron. I hope it heals fast.
Scott

wsantia1

Good luck Ron.  I wish you the best.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on February 21, 2014, 05:43:44 AM
Good luck and fast healing with the surgery, Ron. Scooter?....you mean a 'Little Rascal' ??....zoom zoom.... ;D

Not sure what you're calling a Little Rascal. It's not powered. Rest your knee and lower leg on it and push off with the other foot. Kinda like the ones we had as kids, only knee high and with 4 wheels! 
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Thanks for the well-wishes. 

It seems quite a ways off, but I'm getting ''honey-do's'' out the ying-yang from wifey. I do have a list of things that I was going to spread out over the year.  But she seems to have a greater sense of urgency suddenly, knowing that I won't be able to do stuff for 6 weeks...! (i'll need that period of rest!)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

I know you will do great Ron.  Those knee scooters work real well, a great invention.
Barb

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BallAquatics

Well wishes for your up coming surgery Ron.

Dennis

EverythingAquatic

Good luck with your surgery.  And just think....for 6 weeks you get to give your wife a list of to dos :)

Ron Sower

Quote from: EverythingAquatic on February 22, 2014, 11:35:28 AM
Good luck with your surgery.  And just think....for 6 weeks you get to give your wife a list of to dos :)
I'll let you know how that works out, Dena!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron