• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:53:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 576
Total: 576

boards doing weird things...

Started by Mugwump, February 10, 2014, 02:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

we 're running....and looking behind the scenes too.....stay tuned
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I noticed.  The place where you can click on "forum" is gone.  It used to be right next to "home".
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Dang, the color has changed, too.  It used to be green.

BallAquatics

Yea, that's me Liz.  LOL  I don't see anything obviously wrong, but I'm going to stop monkeying around with it until this evening.  I might have to un-install and re-install some things and it freaks people out if you do it while they are on the forum.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'm glad you're a smart computer guy, Mr. Spock.  I'll make a point not to get up in the wee hours and check the forum.  I freak out over enough stuff as it is :D

Mugwump

There's also the Orange exclamation point next to to the 'logout' when you go to post, and sometimes after......???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I see you fixed it, Dennis.  There was no evil doer involved, was there?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 11, 2014, 07:24:00 AM
I see you fixed it, Dennis.  There was no evil doer involved, was there?

Doesn't look like it....but it's fixed. Dennis loaded the 'backup' forum, and it popped back...hopefully it was just a minor glitch in the last update from SMF...??
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 11, 2014, 07:24:00 AM
There was no evil doer involved, was there?

No, I don't think so.  The problems didn't have the traits of a hacking attempt.  As far as I can tell it was just a computer glitch, or perhaps some corupt update files from the software manufacturer, you know one of the !@#$ Happens things.  LOL

Only took a couple hours to correct, so hopefully we're good-to-go again.

Dennis

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Dennis is 'da man'..... ;D   I'd still be like a character in 'Tron' in there.....LOL
Jon