• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 01:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 687
Total: 688

Hey hey..it's Monday !

Started by Mugwump, August 27, 2018, 07:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..up and at 'em people......LOL

...what's on the agenda for today?...for the week?.......as August bids us adieu for 2018
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Health Warning! Do NOT shampoo in the shower

DO NOT wash your hair in the shower!!

It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO WHEN IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!! Shampoo Warning!

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label this warning; "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME."

No wonder I have been gaining weight!

Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn Dish washing Soap. It's label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

Problem solved! If I don't answer the phone, I'll be in the shower!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Water changes on 1/3 of the tanks today then just sitting in the shade.  That dish soap sounds good I will have to try some of that.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

An update on yesterday, first. 

Turns out that I didn't fix the dishwasher after all.  When I did the second load water was all over the floor again >:(  I sucked out the water on the bottom of the damn thing and pulled it out yet again >:(  Even though I got all the water vacuumed from the inside but when I disconnected the hose from the water pump, three towels worth of water drained from the pump.  Now I need to turn the sucker on it's back, remove the back panel, and take out the damn pump.  If I'm lucky it will be some kind of rubber check valve that's sticking.  If not, I'll replace the pump.  Thank God for YouTube videos.  I am not appliance repair literate.

I spent the night pain free in the hammock last night.  I need to lower it and tighten it.  By the time I got up I was kind of slumped in the middle.  Still no back pain, though.

I just called the LFS.  It seemed about time that they would want more Angels.  Alas, they have been slow and still have plenty.  I need to empty a 100 gallon for my Blue Silver Pearl X Half black pair and their kids.  I moved them from a 29 to a 40 last week but the kids are growing so fast they need more space.  I'll find a way.  I always do.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...my yesterday update...water change and then pulled the plants and began rescaping the tank...the water was pretty cloudy and I was planting mostly by feel...I had a schematic drawn out on paper....so this morning the water was clear and I saw that I got pretty close to it, but too close together...

... so today I'm going to reset some of them and add more from the three 5 gallon buckets full of plants that I still have...counting floaters, I had over 30 different species growing in the tank!...What's left over I'll take to my LFS and the club meeting...I may have some room for some new species to try...

...I just got the word that Lucy wants to hang the new curtain rods across the street...so we'll be doing that today too...

...I'll be busy...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 27, 2018, 11:01:46 AM
An update on yesterday, first. 

Turns out that I didn't fix the dishwasher after all.  When I did the second load water was all over the floor again >:(  I sucked out the water on the bottom of the damn thing and pulled it out yet again >:(  Even though I got all the water vacuumed from the inside but when I disconnected the hose from the water pump, three towels worth of water drained from the pump.  Now I need to turn the sucker on it's back, remove the back panel, and take out the damn pump.  If I'm lucky it will be some kind of rubber check valve that's sticking.  If not, I'll replace the pump.  Thank God for YouTube videos.  I am not appliance repair literate.

I spent the night pain free in the hammock last night. I need to lower it and tighten it.  By the time I got up I was kind of slumped in the middle.  Still no back pain, though.

I just called the LFS.  It seemed about time that they would want more Angels.  Alas, they have been slow and still have plenty.  I need to empty a 100 gallon for my Blue Silver Pearl X Half black pair and their kids.  I moved them from a 29 to a 40 last week but the kids are growing so fast they need more space.  I'll find a way.  I always do.

...yes, you want it as tight as you can get it...it will relax after a bit of use.....glad to here 'no pain'....they have more support than it seems, and are comfortable as hell....now...can I fit one on the deck  huh... :D
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 27, 2018, 12:28:35 PM
...my yesterday update...water change and then pulled the plants and began rescaping the tank...the water was pretty cloudy and I was planting mostly by feel...I had a schematic drawn out on paper....so this morning the water was clear and I saw that I got pretty close to it, but too close together...

... so today I'm going to reset some of them and add more from the three 5 gallon buckets full of plants that I still have...counting floaters, I had over 30 different species growing in the tank!...What's left over I'll take to my LFS and the club meeting...I may have some room for some new species to try...

...I just got the word that Lucy wants to hang the new curtain rods across the street...so we'll be doing that today too...

...I'll be busy...

....just think?..soon you can retire  :)...oh wait..you are....LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 27, 2018, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on August 27, 2018, 12:28:35 PM

...I'll be busy...

....just think?..soon you can retire  :)...oh wait..you are....LOL
wfwf wfwf wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon