• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 572
Total: 572

Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, December 21, 2017, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The carpenters showed up at my shop around 7 am.  When I walked in at 9 all my stuff had been pushed aside.  The two young guys were on a mission.  They were all busy doing an excellent job.  I got out  of their hair after doing a small dog bath and dry. 

My hat is off to the gentleman who is taking care of my rented building.  My landlord never cared about the building.   I think that this guy sees an old building as an investment.  I imagine that my shop was built in the early 40's.  It has survived years of neglect.

I didn't know what I could do after getting home so early.  The only things that came to mind was fixing the generator and mowing.  I fixed the generator and when the mower wouldn't crank the mower I did the most obvious fix with it, too.  I am totally proud of myself.  I fixed things that I don't know how to fix.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 21, 2017, 03:19:30 PM
The carpenters showed up at my shop around 7 am.  When I walked in at 9 all my stuff had been pushed aside.  The two young guys were on a mission.  They were all busy doing an excellent job.  I got out  of their hair after doing a small dog bath and dry. 

My hat is off to the gentleman who is taking care of my rented building.  My landlord never cared about the building.   I think that this guy sees an old building as an investment.  I imagine that my shop was built in the early 40's.  It has survived years of neglect.

I didn't know what I could do after getting home so early.  The only things that came to mind was fixing the generator and mowing.  I fixed the generator and when the mower wouldn't crank the mower I did the most obvious fix with it, too.  I am totally proud of myself.  I fixed things that I don't know how to fix.

.....good job Liz.....many a repair is a simple thing...but some take lots of tools...those are the most rewarding....well that and getting dirty doing it... |^|..that's the badge of honor  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson