• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:25:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 525
Total: 525

Tuesday times.....

Started by Mugwump, November 07, 2017, 09:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

......a slow day here...motor started by the gears aren't engaging  huh

..I do need to tun a few errands tho......then putz in the fish room for a spell.....the coffee tastes really good,  but it's tardy on performing it's magic..... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..we settled in early ....ugly outside here......cool, dank, and cloudy.......

I hope everyone had a nice day.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Time for some reading..........good night folks  8)
Jon

BallAquatics

Nite Jon.

Had a great day here, got lots done.  Sent out the CAFE newsletter, updated all the web server software, ( I've got 3 servers running now ), did some water changes with nice fresh Mother Natures finest, and swung by the library and picked up a couple books I had them hold for me.

Baked some scratch biscuits for sausage gravy & biscuits too.   |^|

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Good enough day.  Bruno and I trained in town off lead.  I can't believe how far he has come.  He even accepted a treat from the business owner next door when he was on the side walk off lead.   He still will not allow anyone to touch him except for a tiny touch under his chin and even that freaks him out.  Training class is Thursday night.  He shines at all the obedience stuff.  What holds him back is that he trusts nobody but me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 07, 2017, 07:42:14 PM
Nite Jon.

Had a great day here, got lots done.  Sent out the CAFE newsletter, updated all the web server software, ( I've got 3 servers running now ), did some water changes with nice fresh Mother Natures finest, and swung by the library and picked up a couple books I had them hold for me.

Baked some scratch biscuits for sausage gravy & biscuits too.   |^|

Dennis

You can make biscuits from scratch??????  I wish I could do that.  Anything involving flour except deep frying and thickening of a sauce is beyond me.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 07, 2017, 07:50:28 PM
You can make biscuits from scratch??????  I wish I could do that.

It's really easy Liz.  A bit of flour, shortening, some baking powder, salt, & butter milk.  I throw it all in the mixer and it's ready to go about the time the oven gets up to temperature.

Before I got sick and wasn't allowed to eat anything good, I was baking all my bread too.   |^|

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Did you actually make bread without one of those silly machines and the mixes that always have too much sugar in them?  Every time I've tried making bread it came out heavy and not great.  I gave up on trying 40 years ago. 

If it involves flour is is not in my wheel house.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 07, 2017, 08:42:57 PM
Did you actually make bread without one of those silly machines and the mixes that always have too much sugar in them?

Yes, most definitely.  The recipe I have makes 2 loaves at a time.  Just perfect for my needs.  I slice a loaf and freeze the other because unlike store bought bread it doesn't have any preservatives and will mold in about 4 or 5 days.

The whole wheat bread has just a hint of honey in it and is so good I usually eat 2 or 3 slices with butter while it's still warm.  Very tasty.  It's what I call sturdy, but not heavy.  You can spread anything on it and it makes a fantastic sandwich bread.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 07, 2017, 10:52:21 PM
Did you actually make bread without one of those silly machines and the mixes that always have too much sugar in them?

Yes, most definitely.  The recipe I have makes 2 loaves at a time.  Just perfect for my needs.  I slice a loaf and freeze the other because unlike store bought bread it doesn't have any preservatives and will mold in about 4 or 5 days.

The whole wheat bread has just a hint of honey in it and is so good I usually eat 2 or 3 slices with butter while it's still warm.  Very tasty.  It's what I call sturdy, but not heavy.  You can spread anything on it and it makes a fantastic sandwich bread.

Dennis
...no offense, Dennis...but nice buns!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 08, 2017, 12:18:23 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on November 07, 2017, 10:52:21 PM

Dennis
...no offense, Dennis...but nice buns!

LOLOLOL.....
Jon