• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 573
Total: 573

Morning all (Saturday)

Started by BallAquatics, September 10, 2016, 06:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Great day planned here.  Off to a geek workshop this morning, back this afternoon for some college football.  I'm particularly interested in the Illinois / North Carolina game this evening.  It would be great to see their new coach turn that program around.

Oh yeah, the coffee's not too bad either  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Good morn'n......a cool rainy day here...high around 70deg's.....coffee's fantastic...the trip back for refills is hazardous tho.....LOL

..a bunch of water changes this morn'n..a few errands...then chill'n....maybe watch some college ball ?....the grass is too wet to cut...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great. Another hot and steamy day here today. It will cool down some tomorrow. I'll try to get some water changes in today but first I need to run out and do some running around.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2....MMMmmm....tastes wonderful...MMMmmm

..off to feed the fish... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Coffee was extremely good today....i guess because we had it out on the deck in 80 degree, sunny, dry weather!!!

Gonna be a lazy day here. Watching the our granddaughter's softball tourney on the iPad.....between games I'll move some light weight tables that we don't want (left here with our furnished purchase) up to Dean's and Jil's house (they're the ones that got us to come down here)...later I'll stow the suitcases in the trailer. We'll have to move the trailer soon. I have a secured storage space nearby to move it onto....

We are still 3 hours behind you until the time changes. Az doesn't do DST....so I'm gonna still be behind the times with most of you here!! :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 10, 2016, 11:40:12 AM
Coffee was extremely good today....i guess because we had it out on the deck in 80 degree, sunny, dry weather!!!

Gonna be a lazy day here. Watching the our granddaughter's softball tourney on the iPad.....between games I'll move some light weight tables that we don't want (left here with our furnished purchase) up to Dean's and Jil's house (they're the ones that got us to come down here)...later I'll stow the suitcases in the trailer. We'll have to move the trailer soon. I have a secured storage space nearby to move it onto....

We are still 3 hours behind you until the time changes. Az doesn't do DST....so I'm gonna still be behind the times with most of you here!! :(

What town/city are you in now..?....off a main drag?...or out in the sticks a bit?...
Jon

Mugwump

...it doesn't appear to be a high of 70 for us today..... huh...........only 67 at the moment....but if the sun pops it may creep up there... huh

...not a whole lot accomplished so far today for me..but Jan's finishing up making one of the blankets being used as a swap door prize... |^|

..I'll cook us brats here in a bit.. 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's 95 degrees here.  Still too hot to play with the mower.  Later...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 10, 2016, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 10, 2016, 11:40:12 AM

What town/city are you in now..?....off a main drag?...or out in the sticks a bit?...

We are in Florence....halfway between Phoenix and Tucson...yep... we're in the sticks out in the Sonoran Desert! Quiet and peaceful here. We'll see what it's like when the snowbirds return next month and later....we may explore some later today...or go to one of the 4 pools we have in this place...!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Caliente+Casa+De+Sol+Resort/@33.0650302,-111.3791717,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x834d9e0629842206!8m2!3d33.0650302!4d-111.3791717
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...nice area.....'da sticks'......LOL
Jon

Mugwump

..hey ! hey !...we made it to 70.....LOL....'Cheap Thrills'....

Jon

Mugwump

...just noticed that it'll drop in the 40's tonight.....

Jon

BallAquatics

WOW, I had a great time at the geek workshop.  This very bright lady sat next to me and took it upon herself to help "the old guy" over the rough spots.  I could very much get used to this way of learning new programming topics!  This gal was running Fedora linux on her laptop and impressed me to no end.  Great way to spend a Saturday morning.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 11, 2016, 06:59:25 AM
WOW, I had a great time at the geek workshop.  This very bright lady sat next to me and took it upon herself to help "the old guy" over the rough spots.  I could very much get used to this way of learning new programming topics!  This gal was running Fedora linux on her laptop and impressed me to no end.  Great way to spend a Saturday morning.

Dennis

Is Fedora more of a development format?....seems so?..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_(operating_system)

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 11, 2016, 06:59:25 AM

Dennis

Glad you had a great time Dennis.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.