• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 509
Total: 509

Thursdays coffee......>>>

Started by Mugwump, March 03, 2016, 03:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...woke up early...so just started the coffee and stayed up.... huh

..the coffee is very good....awesome in fact..MMMMmmm

..it's 27deg's and snowing outside...won't be much accumulation tho...fry water changes, some putz'n...and likely a nap later. |^|...then who knows??

...I beat Jan up...but I'm letting her sleep, if I can keep the demons quiet ?....she's usually up by now, but must be tired, and needs the sleep...HMMmm..I wonder if there's a can of biscuits in the 'fridge'...??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..LOL..I may end up making pot #2 before Jan gets up?  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is really good. Pot #1 is down. Fishroom issues again. This time the 55 gallon tank I set up for the Altums has a slow leak. Because I set it up with the Altums in mind it has a sandy bottom instead of bare bottom. ::)

I got this setup at Petsmart for $67.00 with hood, LED lights & Marineland Penguin 350 filter. It was a great deal then but now it is becoming a PITA. The tank is a Marineland too.  :o

Pet Supplies Plus just finished their dollar per gallon sale on Sunday so there is no easy replacement. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 03, 2016, 07:33:40 AM
Coffee is really good. Pot #1 is down. Fishroom issues again. This time the 55 gallon tank I set up for the Altums has a slow leak. Because I set it up with the Altums in mind it has a sandy bottom instead of bare bottom. ::)

I got this setup at Petsmart for $67.00 with hood, LED lights & Marineland Penguin 350 filter. It was a great deal then but now it is becoming a PITA. The tank is a Marineland too.  :o

Pet Supplies Plus just finished their dollar per gallon sale on Sunday so there is no easy replacement. huh

That stinks.....on a corner?.....caulk over the outside edge, it'll buy you some time....

Pot #2 here...and extremely good |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2016, 07:39:43 AM

That stinks.....on a corner?.....caulk over the outside edge, it'll buy you some time....

It look like its seeping from the bottom trim. It's dry now. I will caulk around the trim to buy some time. I have some silicon caulk somewhere around here. That 125-150 will probably need to get here sooner than expected. huh
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 03, 2016, 07:44:22 AM

It look like its seeping from the bottom trim. It's dry now. I will caulk around the trim to buy some time. I have some silicon caulk somewhere around here. That 125-150 will probably need to get here sooner than expected. huh

Just checked it again. It looks like I will need to spring into action here. I will set up a 30g long I have in the garage (hopefully doesn't leak) and drain that 55 today. I will move the Altums in there temporarily until I can get this under control.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 03, 2016, 07:55:09 AM

Just checked it again. It looks like I will need to spring into action here. I will set up a 30g long I have in the garage (hopefully doesn't leak) and drain that 55 today. I will move the Altums in there temporarily until I can get this under control.

uh oh...?   
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2016, 08:37:32 AM

uh oh...?

I found my receipts. I bought this setup in October. I am going to see if the'll replace the tank.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 03, 2016, 09:25:43 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2016, 08:37:32 AM

uh oh...?

I found my receipts. I bought this setup in October. I am going to see if the'll replace the tank.

Heck yes.....I'll even bet that they do too.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2016, 10:30:54 AM

Fishroom issues again. This time the 55 gallon tank I set up for the Altums has a slow leak. Because I set it up with the Altums in mind it has a sandy bottom instead of bare bottom. ::)

[/quote]

I just checked with Petsmart. I am going to have to have to return the whole setup to the store and they will replace it. That's great but it's going to be a great PITA. I was hoping they would replace just the tank but they want the filter, hood, lighting and heater too. I still have the box so I guess I can give them that too. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 03, 2016, 11:35:42 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2016, 10:30:54 AM

Fishroom issues again. This time the 55 gallon tank I set up for the Altums has a slow leak. Because I set it up with the Altums in mind it has a sandy bottom instead of bare bottom. ::)

I just checked with Petsmart. I am going to have to have to return the whole setup to the store and they will replace it. That's great but it's going to be a great PITA. I was hoping they would replace just the tank but they want the filter, hood, lighting and heater too. I still have the box so I guess I can give them that too. huh
[/quote]

+1.....excellent....
Jon

Mugwump

..I forgot to ask....they do have one for you now, right?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2016, 01:58:11 PM

Yes. They have the whole setup except the lights. I will keep the lights I currently have but first I have to bring them inti the store and then they will reissue them to me. huh

The worst part though will be getting that sand out of the tank and moving the Altums. I will move them into a 20g that is set up with their current water for a little while tomorrow morning.  wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 03, 2016, 02:23:49 PM

Yes. They have the whole setup except the lights. I will keep the lights I currently have but first I have to bring them inti the store and then they will reissue them to me. huh

The worst part though will be getting that sand out of the tank and moving the Altums. I will move them into a 20g that is set up with their current water for a little while tomorrow morning.  wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

...sounds like a plan....have fun  8)
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 03, 2016, 02:28:17 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 03, 2016, 02:23:49 PM

...sounds like a plan....have fun  8)

Now that I've drained about 25% of the water it stopped leaking. I don't know where the leak is coming from and don't care now. It's going back tomorrow.
Willie