• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 498
Total: 499

Awesome Day

Started by JR, January 26, 2016, 10:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Been a long time since I have had a day this good. My grandson Matt called and said he would like to spend the day with me. He picked me up at noon. We went and shoot pool. Have not done that since 91 was very good at it back then. He beat me 7 to 6 games. I felt good about that he plays every day. Then we went to see 13 hrs. That was a great movie. Pissed me off at times and made me very sad at other times. Then we went to Texas Roadhouse never been there before. That was the best steak I have had in a long time. Thank God for grandkids I sure needed that. It was a awesome day.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...gotta love those grandkids... |^|   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Sounds like a wonderful day JR.  Grandkids keep you young.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 27, 2016, 06:17:38 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day JR.  Grandkids keep you young.....

Dennis

...or crazy...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Yup, sounds like an awesome day.

Rjb3

I was sitting at a local bar waiting for our pizza last night. Gale ordered it late so I had to wait a few minutes. As I waited, I watched a couple of guys play pool. Pool is a game I enjoy watching as much as playing. The one guy wasn't any good at all, and the other guy shot too hard, every time. I wanted to say something but didn't.

Back in the day I was only fair, but really enjoyed playing the game. The guy that shot too hard broke the same way, too hard. The guy was left handed and tried so hard to hit the cue ball hard that he miscued and darn near missed the rack all together. My tip of the day is: When you break, break from the side. Left handed players set the cue way to the right an inch from the rail. Hit the cue ball with low right english and aim for the strike pocket on the right side of the rack kinda like bowling. You don't need to hit it all that hard. It's more important to have the english correct. The cue will smack the rack and go 90 degrees into the rail and shoot back into the side of the rack. It's like getting two shots on the break. The eight ball will slowly make its way to the left side pocket. You will be surprised how often that eight ball falls slowly into the side pocket. Right handed players: break from the far left with low left on the cue.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 27, 2016, 07:45:03 AM
I was sitting at a local bar waiting for our pizza last night. Gale ordered it late so I had to wait a few minutes. As I waited, I watched a couple of guys play pool. Pool is a game I enjoy watching as much as playing. The one guy wasn't any good at all, and the other guy shot too hard, every time. I wanted to say something but didn't.

Back in the day I was only fair, but really enjoyed playing the game. The guy that shot too hard broke the same way, too hard. The guy was left handed and tried so hard to hit the cue ball hard that he miscued and darn near missed the rack all together. My tip of the day is: When you break, break from the side. Left handed players set the cue way to the right an inch from the rail. Hit the cue ball with low right english and aim for the strike pocket on the right side of the rack kinda like bowling. You don't need to hit it all that hard. It's more important to have the english correct. The cue will smack the rack and go 90 degrees into the rail and shoot back into the side of the rack. It's like getting two shots on the break. The eight ball will slowly make its way to the left side pocket. You will be surprised how often that eight ball falls slowly into the side pocket. Right handed players: break from the far left with low left on the cue.

I've stroked a few balls in the day.....used to stop by the pool hall and play an hour of snooker, or billiards.....then swing by the tavern...on those bar tables the pockets then looked like the 'Grand Canyon'....LOL    My Grandfather was a 'stick'....what a wonderful player to watch and learn from...he had ivory inlaid cue sticks.....he once played an exhibition there in Indianapolis with Ralph Greenleaf.....his favorite story...
Jon

PaulineMi

Awesome day indeed JR.

We have a big fancy pool table in the downstairs family room. Doug has the "special" inlaid cue stick too. Not much happens with that stuff anymore...Doug was quite the player back in the day.  Me...a few of us rarely played. Our marathon games took too long.  Lol.  8)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

It's about time you had a bit of fun, JR.  You and your grandson should make this a regular thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

that is the plan Liz once a month we are going to do this. Had so much fun that I may buy a pool table all my grandsons play. Went out and bought a new stick today.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: JR on January 27, 2016, 03:06:02 PM
that is the plan Liz once a month we are going to do this. Had so much fun that I may buy a pool table all my grandsons play. Went out and bought a new stick today.

Good for you.  I always sucked at pool.  My husband did, too.  Still, we enjoyed enough to buy our own pool table.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on January 27, 2016, 03:06:02 PM

....brass on brass ?....
Jon

JR

No my grandson has a 21 oz fiberglass I shoot with It felt great. So that is what I got I shoot soft it just felt better Than a wood stick.