• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:09:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 507
Total: 508

Thursday's coffee --->>>>>

Started by Mugwump, December 03, 2015, 05:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..sipping a very good cup of coffee...MMMmmm....up early this morn'n for some reason ? ..cold out today, we'll be lucky to hit the mid 30's...

We might do some window shopping today?..plus we'll need to plan for the family Christmas eve day dinner that we have every year....g'kids eat like a swarm of locusts... ;D......DIL's usually bring something along with them too....pies, cookies, fudge, veggie plates, etc....it gets crowded, but it's a fun day..

..Having a white Xmas is iffy with the El nino system still strong....we'll see if it cooperates ???   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Almost through with my pot. Coffee is excellent. I get a chance to walk through the park today for the first time this week. 8)

Water changes and fish moves on tap here today. I will be moving the Pinoy group into their own 55 today. I will also go forward with the PS Plat divorce today at some point. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..I need to redo a few of my pairs too....I'm just not happy with the current pairs....It's time for something new.. there are younger pairs developing now for 'Project X'...but I'm impatient for some reason..?  I'm on the look out for a couple diversion pairings to work with too..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wiggs

Some nice black veils would be very good... ;D   Anyone want to trade some for some gold or silvers ? lol

Jan

Barb

Your angels, living with me now, are doing great!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on December 03, 2015, 07:39:08 AM
Barb

Good to hear...We know that they're in good hands with you, Liz, and Willie.....ours here are beginning to take off on a growth spurt... ;D

remember they're only about 3+ mos old.... they free swam somewhere around the first of September...?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 03, 2015, 07:55:55 AM
Quote from: Barb on December 03, 2015, 07:39:08 AM
Barb

Good to hear...We know that they're in good hands with you, Liz, and Willie.....ours here are beginning to take off on a growth spurt... ;D

remember they're only about 3+ mos old.... they free swam somewhere around the first of September...?

Most of mine have doubled in size since I've had them. |^| |^| |^| Getting ready to move them from a 40b to a 55g. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

Mine are getting big, too.  I have a 65 that I could move them to but soon I'll have 2 big strong men to put my 100 that has been repaired and sitting with water in it for months in place on an upper rack.  Once that's done I'll combine Mug's blues with some of my blues that are a bit older and move them into the 100.

Now I need to bitch.  BITCH, BITCH, BITCH.  I close at three but I'm stuck here waiting for UPS to arrive.  The used to hit Ellisville early, but no longer.  I'm having to wait around in the shop doing nothing which drives me up the wall.  I have to wait until they decide to show up because it will be my 3rd attempt  at delivering my lovely bubble bath that my SIL introduced me to.  It's expensive.  It's imported from France.  This is the first time I've bought it for myself.  PLUS my dehumdifier is out for delivery.  Perhaps my generator as well.  I bought it the same day but I haven't checked the tracking on it. 

Both these things are listed as "out for delivery" since from a town 15 minutes away since 6:30 this morning.  I have no choice but to wait until hell freezes over.  I have fish to feed and water to change, fat dogs that don't fit through the pet door to pee and poo, hungry horses that need to be fed, and I myself need to eat at some point. 

I know that this is no big deal but I wanted to bitch.

HA!  they just this moment arrived:)
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 03, 2015, 04:02:36 PM
Mine are getting big, too.  I have a 65 that I could move them to but soon I'll have 2 big strong men to put my 100 that has been repaired and sitting with water in it for months in place on an upper rack.  Once that's done I'll combine Mug's blues with some of my blues that are a bit older and move them into the 100.

Now I need to bitch.  BITCH, BITCH, BITCH.  I close at three but I'm stuck here waiting for UPS to arrive.  The used to hit Ellisville early, but no longer.  I'm having to wait around in the shop doing nothing which drives me up the wall.  I have to wait until they decide to show up because it will be my 3rd attempt  at delivering my lovely bubble bath that my SIL introduced me to.  It's expensive.  It's imported from France.  This is the first time I've bought it for myself.  PLUS my dehumdifier is out for delivery.  Perhaps my generator as well.  I bought it the same day but I haven't checked the tracking on it. 

Both these things are listed as "out for delivery" since from a town 15 minutes away since 6:30 this morning.  I have no choice but to wait until hell freezes over.  I have fish to feed and water to change, fat dogs that don't fit through the pet door to pee and poo, hungry horses that need to be fed, and I myself need to eat at some point. 

Glad they got there Liz. I hope you got everything in good shape. mim
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 03, 2015, 04:02:36 PM

A most proper rant...I hate it when they take your box on a world tour, especially when our UPS is about 2 miles down the street. I always try to get them to just hold it...but half the time they end up out on a truck anyway.. ......pick ups are getting better tho since my last rant over there....LOL..there's hope.. |^|

,,hope everything arrived safe and sound.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I shouldn't have bitched.  Everything arrived today ;D  I actually got 2 dehumidifiers!  One I took out of Charlotte and plugged in.  Boy are these Frigidaire 70's are heavy sons of guns.  Way heavier than my Soleous 70 that only lasted a year.  Heavy is good when it comes to appliances.  The generator is much smaller than I expected but all I want is to work the fish room.  I have neither taken it out of Charlotte nor the other dehumidifier that looks like the box has water damage on the bottom.  My back is tender today.  My back is strong but it started being tender last night and gave me a twinge this morning and bothered me all day.  Making it work is usually good for it, but I know not to push it too far.  I came home and took an Aleve.  After I eat I will get into a too hot bath with the lovely bubble bath from France that makes my skin feel so good.  (I generally use Ivory Liquid for bubbles :-[)

If the dehumidifier with the water damaged box actually works I will have to contact the guy who sold it to me and see if he wants me to return it or if I can buy it for a lesser price.  I could use a dehumidifier once in a blue moon in the house.  He was good enough to send two.  There is no other moral choice.

Mugwump

Nice....they're making some very good, more compact, generators now days....when your back gets better, give it test run....are you mounting it in the car port?...brackets??...running the 220 line to your box??....or just running a heavy extension cord to the room and using a power strip??
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have a huge thick cord, but I've heard that there is another way that involves something called a pig tail and the breaker box.  Now that would be nice....My carpenter knows everything and I plan to have him here next month.  I will ask him.  I bet he can do it.  If he's rather not he'll tell me who to call. I was just planning to set the generator on the ground but I'll ask him about how to best mount it.  There is room for it under the carport in front of where I park Charlotte.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 03, 2015, 07:01:20 PM
I have a huge thick cord, but I've heard that there is another way that involves something called a pig tail and the breaker box.  Now that would be nice....My carpenter knows everything and I plan to have him here next month.  I will ask him.  I bet he can do it.  If he's rather not he'll tell me who to call. I was just planning to set the generator on the ground but I'll ask him about how to best mount it.  There is room for it under the carport in front of where I park Charlotte.

You may need to mark the fish room breakers, if it won't run everything....much easier to identify what to leave on, and what to make sure is off when you need to run the generator from the box....
Jon

LizStreithorst

That's easy.  I know the 3 breakers that run the fish room.  I suppose I'll have to count up watts. I can always unplug tank heaters as long as the room is warm.  The fridge and freezer will be harder to identify.  Once I find them I'll have to figure out what else they run.  This is not a huge generator.