• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 568
Total: 568

Working on a website.....

Started by BallAquatics, January 03, 2015, 04:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I'm in the process of building a new website for my local fish club.  If anyone wants to have a look and tell me what you think, I'd love any comments.

I'm going for all the pertinent information on the front page easy to find and easy to read.... 

Here's the link ==>> http://www.columbusfishclub.org/wp-site/

Dennis

Mugwump

Looks pretty nice, Dennis...nice layout...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon.  Our old site is pretty dated and a PITA to work on.  This new one is responsive so it should work equally well on phones, tablets, and desktops.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 03, 2015, 05:08:56 PM
Thanks Jon.  Our old site is pretty dated and a PITA to work on.  This new one is responsive so it should work equally well on phones, tablets, and desktops.

Dennis

I did notice that the pics didn't enlarge....adding it in later?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Looks good Dennis.  I did notice that Doug Sweet's photo enlarged while the others did not. Are you going to have a Leadership/Membership profile section? Just thinking aloud. Looks real nice. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 05:11:12 PM
I did notice that the pics didn't enlarge....adding it in later?....

I hadn't really thought about that.  The images in the slider will not, but I could fix the others so that they would.  Basically just some stock images and what the speakers send me for their bios.  I'll probably fix it so selected images will pop up in their original size in a color box.

Thanks again - Dennis

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 03, 2015, 05:23:14 PM
Looks good Dennis.

Thanks Willie.  I'll have to run the Leadership/Membership profile section past the board to see what they think.  That's a great idea though, and it wouldn't be hard to implement, just like a contacts section on a business website.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Looks nice Dennis.  You've achieved a clean, easy to read page.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 03, 2015, 07:13:31 PM

Thanks Pauline.  That's exactly what I'm looking for.  I figure if I get all the important stuff 'front-and-center', then I can build out the rest of the site with speaker info, club activity photos, maybe even some articles from club members.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 03, 2015, 07:24:34 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on January 03, 2015, 07:13:31 PM

Thanks Pauline.  That's exactly what I'm looking for.  I figure if I get all the important stuff 'front-and-center', then I can build out the rest of the site with speaker info, club activity photos, maybe even some articles from club members.

Dennis

perhaps even a trading/selling area.....member fish gallery...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Do you want a real opinion or a yes man like my boss wants?

You've got Joe Gargas speaking. He's a smart individual. We're in the same society down here.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 07:46:42 PM
perhaps even a trading/selling area.....member fish gallery...

Well.....  that's another project.  We're calling it the CAF? Fish List.  A search-able database of who keeps what & if they have any available for sale.  It's currently on hold until I get the new website up and running.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on January 03, 2015, 07:58:26 PM
Do you want a real opinion or a yes man like my boss wants?

Most definitely your honest opinion.  I'm always looking for new ideas and insights.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 08:05:09 PM
Oh ok.....

here's another option .....?
http://www.gcca.net/classifieds/view-and-post-ads#.VKifgMmojkc

Oh, I see.  No I won't be adding anything like that as we already have a Buy/Sell section on the club forum.

The fish list idea came about as another incentive to join the club.  A members only type market place.

Dennis