• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 539
Total: 539

Went out to "Wally World"...

Started by Mugwump, January 03, 2015, 10:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and it began rain/sleet/snow mix....then to just rain...then back to a mix again...cripes folks, it's slick out there now...........salted again so we could unload the stuff...........all done, but it already needs it again............nope, it's a waste, and just washing away/freezing...etc.....we're in for the day now...yep
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 10:20:17 AM
...and it began rain/sleet/snow mix....then to just rain...then back to a mix again...cripes folks, it's slick out there now...........salted again so we could unload the stuff...........all done, but it already needs it again............nope, it's a waste, and just washing away/freezing...etc.....we're in for the day now...yep
Stay warm Mugs and Wiggs!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 03, 2015, 11:25:45 AM

yep, will do Ron....might even just take a nap.... ;D 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 11:35:49 AM

Great idea!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Then I won't tell you it's about 80 here and sunny. Was out putting the gas tank up in the van. Now to wait for the battery to charge and give it a go. But first a  bit of shopping. HD and Publix. Steak and salad tonight. Grilled of course.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

80 deg's...nice...but you can keep your over sized bugs.. ;D   hope they don't carry your grill off... ???
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 11:35:49 AM

....ZZZZzzzzzz....fell asleep on the love seat....Manny was my blanket... ;D..toasty warm..
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 02:01:40 PM
80 deg's...nice...but you can keep your over sized bugs.. ;D   hope they don't carry your grill off... ???

Might have the big bugs but I can eat grilled steak today. And I don't have to shovel snow. And I'm not bundled up and inside, well technically right now I am but that's by choice I'm outside in a short sleeve shirt. <<need raspberry logo>>
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

wsantia1

Just back from a 5.5 hour round trip run to NYC. had to take the grands back. ;D ;D ;D  Not bad going up but coming back in a driving rain storm on the NJ Turnpike was no fun. :o Some folks can't drive for S*&T0. There were 3 accidents that I passed by and numerous HWY Patrol zooming around trying to help folks in distress.  There was one accident I wanted to help out on but I would have been the next casualty. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on January 03, 2015, 02:21:29 PM

Might have the big bugs but I can eat grilled steak today. And I don't have to shovel snow. And I'm not bundled up and inside, well technically right now I am but that's by choice I'm outside in a short sleeve shirt. <<need raspberry logo>>

LOL...The grill area is cleared, cook anytime that I'd like...plus we came go to the store and not have to dodge all those wonderful senior drivers...LOL.. and you likely have to shovel those bugs anyway..LOL... ;D   ....ya got me tho.....I miss sitting out on the swing.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on January 03, 2015, 02:32:19 PM

LOL...The grill area is cleared, cook anytime that I'd like...plus we came go to the store and not have to dodge all those wonderful senior drivers...LOL.. and you likely have to shovel those bugs anyway..LOL... ;D   ....ya got me tho.....I miss sitting out on the swing.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Well if it's any consolation come June I will be wishing I were someplace else. Like Alaska.

GraphicGr8s

Eleven o clock pm and it's down to 73.

Just saying.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on January 03, 2015, 10:40:35 PM
Eleven o clock pm and it's down to 73.

Just saying.

By Eleven pm tonight, it'll be about 5 deg's below zero

Just saying.... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Might have the big bugs but I can eat grilled steak today.
Hey Graph...did you ever try grilling some of those big bugs?  Lotsa protein in them, but the chitin is not very digestible.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

I'll leave them for you Ron. My protein is cow.

Mugs you can keep that cold weather.

Revamped 2 55s in the house tonight. Wife seems happy.