• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:07:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 547
Total: 547

Wednesday's cup of Joe

Started by Mugwump, April 26, 2017, 06:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...finally up ....60 deg's now...might see 70 ?....but rain is moving in for us, and lasting all week??

..coffee's very good   MMMmmmm....very good !!

..no plans for us....just some putz'n... :) ....nap  huh  |^|

..more coffee now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great once again. It is another gloomy morning with clouds hanging overhead for at least the rest of the morning.

It supposed to get sunny around 3:00 pm ans then we will see a drastic change for the next couple of days with sunny skies and temps in the high 70s into the 80s.

Going to break down my 75g today. I want to take that to the new house this weekend to temporarily set it up for the Altums until I can get their 150g over there.

I'll set up a few of my 29s for the rest of the fish until I can move the rest of my tanks over.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 26, 2017, 06:49:58 AM
The coffee is great once again. It is another gloomy morning with clouds hanging overhead for at least the rest of the morning.

It supposed to get sunny around 3:00 pm ans then we will see a drastic change for the next couple of days with sunny skies and temps in the high 70s into the 80s.

Going to break down my 75g today. I want to take that to the new house this weekend to temporarily set it up for the Altums until I can get their 150g over there.

I'll set up a few of my 29s for the rest of the fish until I can move the rest of my tanks over.

...Pot #2 here.....and yep, gloomy and starting to sprinkle as the rain moves in.........we need the rain...a nice soaker...the ground is cracking a bit.....

...trees are finishing up blooming out too.....nice and green  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Just put seed down hope the rain moves this way also planted garden
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 26, 2017, 07:48:59 AM
Just put seed down hope the rain moves this way also planted garden

..it shows on radar as not missing much of No. Ill.....and hitting Chgo good too...

..Jan's planted our flower bed at the end of the house....a nice rain will get that going well....our local bees love it  |^|

....lightning just hit pretty close by....scared the rap out of me....it was flash/crash boom.....dayam  8)...phone alert just went off...."heavy precipitation has been spotted in your area".....well no $hit.....we need an ark !!!!!!
Jon

Tony44

I am about 18 miles west of Chicago about 10 min from where gcca had swap in hillside nice and cool out low cloud ceiling but no rain yet planted the tomatoes like to get them in early so we get a few more picked up some of the yellow ones again this year they were the best
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 26, 2017, 08:45:48 AM
I am about 18 miles west of Chicago about 10 min from where gcca had swap in hillside nice and cool out low cloud ceiling but no rain yet planted the tomatoes like to get them in early so we get a few more picked up some of the yellow ones again this year they were the best

...looks like this round might miss you... huh.....
Jon

wallace

A few showers... nice unless the winds starts up.

Can you guys rely on rain to keep the garden watered in that part of the world? Nothing here would survive without constant irrigation. I have to start turning water out this week to flood the fields -- summer chores begin.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on April 26, 2017, 09:42:41 AM

Can you guys rely on rain to keep the garden watered in that part of the world? Nothing here would survive without constant irrigation. I have to start turning water out this week to flood the fields -- summer chores begin.

...no not really.....the yard, yes mostly.....the garden and flower beds we have to water....
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

...Morning all...hitting at 70 right now...it'll get to the high 80's later today...coffee was mediocre this AM....decaf.....

...set up the 40g late yesterday, so today I need to pot some plants in it....

...then there is a long list of little projects to work on...

...one big project for when I get back from WA is to get the gravel area between the 2 lots and poured with cement...I'll start lining that up today...we're going to have an aluminum lattice type awning put over it... still have some sun and shade as well...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Tony44

RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 26, 2017, 01:29:24 PM
It missed so far but Muggie

...it's headed your way later too
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on April 26, 2017, 09:42:41 AM

In a normal year I don't have to water anything.  Last year was bad.  It was dry for so long that even huge magnolia trees are dead in the woods.  So far so good this year...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Tony44

Have to water almost everyday when it's in the 90s morn and night
RIGHT TURN CLYDE