• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 580
Total: 580

Monday cup #1..

Started by Mugwump, January 16, 2017, 05:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and a wonderful cup it is too..... |^|

..cold morn'n at 31deg's....rain/snow/sleet/pellets.....bit of everything.. huh  ..a good day to just stay in and do some water changes....maybe run an errand?....

...hard waking up, need more coffee..... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2 coming up.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great and after a morning chill the temps will rise again to the mid to upper 40s. Did my water changes yesterday and I also drained another 55.

Today's task will be a bit harder as The 55 I want to drain has 50 pounds of sand in it. There are a bunch of assassin snails in that sand too. I will have to think through it first. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Lazy day.....  the feds have the day off so I thought I'd take one too!  Enjoy your holiday folks.....

https://youtu.be/a5hFMy4pTrs

Dennis

BallAquatics

Had a great time at the CKG meeting yesterday.  http://columbuskillifishgroup.org/

The speaker talked about Epiplatys.....

Then we had a presentation on the easy way to culture and harvest vinegar ells.  A well spent two and a half hours.   |^|

On the way home stopped by the new website client and he liked everything I've done so far.  I'll give you a sneak peek once it's in a more presentable form. LOL

Dennis

Ron Sower

...52  here right now...going to 59 supposedly...cloudy...

...found Lucy's flooring in Mesa yesterday...Dean should be finishing up the window trim.casing in the shed today...we'll level the cabinets and secure a counter top on them today or tomorrow..then I'll paint the trim in the shed and it should be done for now....I'll run conduit with electricity into it later...we'll use extension cord for now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Shorts and T shirt weather again here.  Laundry done, house swept and dusted so it it at least looks clean, fish room swept and tidied, another garden turned over and readied for planting in the spring.    Then I finally got around to chain sawing the privet hedge growing up along the fence roe.  I don't know why chain sawing whupps me but it does.  After all, the saw does all the work.  I had about a half a tank of gas in it and worked until I ran it dry.  Since my body was out of gas before the saw ran out I quit.  One is more likely to cut off one's leg when one chainsaws tired.  I still need to have Charlotte help me haul all the stuff I cut to the burn pile.  Manana...

My wonderful neighbor Jack came over and bush hogged my big pasture for me.  The place doesn't look half bad.  His son-in-law Sean came down and looked at my broken tractor.  I offered it to him for free if he would fix it and let me borrow it once in a while.  It's a deal but I told him that if he were to sell it and not give me half I would kill him.  It has a bush hog, a tiller, a plow, and a disc.  He's not my favorite person go give stuff to because I give him and he offers nothing return.  He's never borrowed anything from me but he borrows Jack's stuff.  He brings it back broken and never says a word.  Jack got pissed off once but his daughter started crying.  Jack can't stand to see a woman cry so he just sucks it up and says nothing.  This should work though, because he knows the rules of this gift.

Sorry for the long blather...My excuse it that I'm plum wore out and just sucked down 2 beers in rapid succession.  I'm gonna take a hot bath now.  I need to get my second wind.  It will help.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

It just stayed cold/wet/dank/ and miserable here all day.......so I tinkered and putz'd and really don't have much to show for my efforts.... huh...well a few things got down actually, I reckon...
Jon

Ron Sower

It's been grey here all day so far...I've been filling nail holes in the trim..I'll paint another day...think I'm gonna either read or take a nap...maybe both...!

Liz, you're a hoot...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...a little dozing 8)...a little reading 8)...a little Vicodin 8)...I'm ready now...! 8) Think we'll go to Queen Creek to get some accessories for my new bathroom...! 8)... and some dinner... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Freezing rain here all afternoon so there is a thick coat of ice on everything. Glad I didn't have to go out.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wsantia1

It was an ok day here. The Sun was out for a bind and there was hardly any wind. Was out for a while with Kobe. He was on the hyper side today. Considering his 7th birthday is tomorrow I would say he was acting more like a puppy. You know, nonstop running around in circles and disobeying commands. huh lol

Tomorrow he goes to day camp and they will give him a nice bath. I'll make his favorite meal (chicken breast) and give him a new toy that I have in the closet (which he will promptly "kill" in 5 minutes).
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Tractor gone!!!!!  Sean and his wife April came down and got it just as it was getting dark.  I'd just started cooking and since it was warm and I'd had been changing water I was topless.  Thank God the dogs bark with a different voice when a human drives up than they bark when they're barking at nothing.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2017, 06:30:30 PM
Tractor gone!!!!!  Sean and his wife April came down and got it just as it was getting dark.  I'd just started cooking and since it was warm and I'd had been changing water I was topless.  Thank God the dogs bark with a different voice when a human drives up than they bark when they're barking at nothing.

....great !!.... |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2017, 06:30:30 PM
..... I was topless.  Thank God the dogs bark with a different voice when a human drives up than they bark when they're barking at nothing.

My my Lizzie's got a naked fishroom.....

https://youtu.be/tafb-jPTH4I

Dennis