• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 07:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 632
Total: 632

Lazy Sunday morn'n coffee time..

Started by Mugwump, September 20, 2015, 05:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 24, 2015, 10:43:12 AM

It sounds like you had a very good time. I would say great time but for the sleeping accommodations.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Yup!!  |^|
How you doin', Willie?
[/quote]

Ron, I am feeling a little better thanks. Hopefully I don't do anything stupid while doing these water changes.  huh
[/quote]

I'm going to figure a way to do water changes without schlepping buckets or having to drag out a Python across the house each time. It may involve drilling some holes in the walls!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 24, 2015, 12:56:13 PM

It sounds like you had a very good time. I would say great time but for the sleeping accommodations.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yup!!  |^|
How you doin', Willie?
[/quote]

Ron, I am feeling a little better thanks. Hopefully I don't do anything stupid while doing these water changes.  huh
[/quote]

I'm going to figure a way to do water changes without schlepping buckets or having to drag out a Python across the house each time. It may involve drilling some holes in the walls!!!
[/quote]

I run a python attached to a pump to drain and a python from my utility sink to fill. so far no problems with my water source so I don't age my water. I do use safe though.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 24, 2015, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 24, 2015, 12:56:13 PM

Yup!!  |^|
How you doin', Willie?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I run a python attached to a pump to drain and a python from my utility sink to fill. so far no problems with my water source so I don't age my water. I do use safe though.
[/quote]

Do you have a way of getting the water temp right before you hook up the python to fill? Or do you start the water and then mix the hot water into it, measuring the temp at the end feeding the tank?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Do you have a way of getting the water temp right before you hook up the python to fill? Or do you start the water and then mix the hot water into it, measuring the temp at the end feeding the tank?
[/quote]

For now, no. The cold water has been coming out at room temperature which is fine for me. In the winter I usually let the hot and cold run until I feel it is good. I do this by feel mostly. I won't be able to do all of my tanks at once in the winter because my hot water heater only holds 50 gallons.       
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 25, 2015, 05:35:40 AM

For now, no. The cold water has been coming out at room temperature which is fine for me. In the winter I usually let the hot and cold run until I feel it is good. I do this by feel mostly. I won't be able to do all of my tanks at once in the winter because my hot water heater only holds 50 gallons.       
[/quote]

...a holding tub(s) helps a lot....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Thanks, Willy.  I'm getting some ideas now that might work for my space and back.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron