• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:00:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 582
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 583
Total: 583

Lazy Sunday morn'n coffee time..

Started by Mugwump, September 20, 2015, 05:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...it's a cool 46deg's outside, 70's today....and the coffee is really good this morn'n...MMMmmmm    not much on the agenda here today...I do need to do the fry water changes tho...then some putz'n  |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I really need to get this coffee down today. My back tried to ruin my day yesterday but I refused to let it. I will try to loosen it up here after the first cup. Them Thermal Care heating pads did nothing for me yesterday and after the pain meds wore off I was in trouble. I made it through the day tho. ??? :'(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 20, 2015, 06:04:36 AM
I really need to get this coffee down today. My back tried to ruin my day yesterday but I refused to let it. I will try to loosen it up here after the first cup. Them Thermal Care heating pads did nothing for me yesterday and after the pain meds wore off I was in trouble. I made it through the day tho. ??? :'(

It's been a long time since my back has acted up real bad......I feel for ya....it sucks....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 20, 2015, 06:28:14 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 20, 2015, 06:04:36 AM

It's been a long time since my back has acted up real bad......I feel for ya....it sucks....

Thanks. It is really bad that I have company here celebrating their birthday. I refuse to let this screw up the weekend. ::)
Willie

Mugwump

The old hot bath soak works well for at least temporary relief....pop the drugs before soaking too....sometimes it even lasts quite a while...
Jon

b125killer

I hope you back feels better soon. I'm getting ready to get the tank. Then my back will hurt too. I have already moved this tank once. And that was in a basement. Now I have to get it back out of his basement.  Something I was hoping I wouldn't have to do.
Scott

ilroost

Sorry about your back Willie
Doing a lot of water changes to get caught up.
Thinking about shutting down half the fish room for awhile, gonna keep about 4 or 5 of my favorite breeding groups for now'
Not getting rid of any equipment. Just cutting back until work slows down some

Ron Sower

Willie, try icing your back instead of heating it. It slows down inflammation. The pain will come back though, just like after heating it.

We're going to Seaside, Oregon today for a short beach visit. Be back Wednesday evening. I hope to get on line using Lucy's Surface. Not taking my laptop. I got brave and copied all my work files onto My Drive.

We're going with another couple and we'll be finding a local bar to watch the Seahawks play Green Bay this evening.

I'm taking plenty of Vicodin with me!!!  |^|   And maybe a little hooch too..!  mim
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 20, 2015, 10:27:37 AM
Willie, try icing your back instead of heating it. It slows down inflammation. The pain will come back though, just like after heating it.

We're going to Seaside, Oregon today for a short beach visit. Be back Wednesday evening. I hope to get on line using Lucy's Surface. Not taking my laptop. I got brave and copied all my work files onto My Drive.

We're going with another couple and we'll be finding a local bar to watch the Seahawks play Green Bay this evening.

I'm taking plenty of Vicodin with me!!!  |^|   And maybe a little hooch too..!  mim

Have a safe and fun trip....and don't order cheese at the bar....LOL....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 20, 2015, 10:35:27 AM

Have a safe and fun trip....and don't order cheese at the bar....LOL....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Thanks Ron, I'll try that since I don't seem to be getting better. Need to get to the Dr. today or tomorrow at the latest. ???
Willie

Ron Sower

We had a wonderful visit to the shore....Seaside and Cannon Beach, Oregon. The girls spent a lot of time in the shops. Gary and I spent a lot of time sitting off all the food we ate! We found it to be a lot easier than walking it off!!

Weather was great; light breeze, plenty of sunshine, and in the low 70s most of the time.

Each couple stayed in a Thousand Trails ''park model'', a little cabin. It was barely tolerable  >:( The queen bed was crammed into a nook and just fit within 3 walls. We had to bring our own linens and making the bed was a PITA. Then we couldn't both sleep in it because I was too long. So I tried to pull out the sofa bed and it wouldn't pop out.  >:( The sofa worked ok though. Next day we got the sofa bed pulled out and it was an air mattress that had been put away while it still had air in it! When we tried to fill the mattress, the air pump/fan wouldn't come on to fill it. It would blow air OUT, but not IN!  :'(  As we left the park to do our daily feedings and sittings, we let the park manager know. He said we just missed the maintenance man and to call him in the morning to have him come look at it.  >:(  What a buncha crap! That night I kept fooling with the electrical connections and got it working.....only  to fill it with air and have it deflate through the night!!!!  ???

Anyway, no more Thousand Trails RV Resorts for us.  :P

Meanwhile the beaches and views were beautiful. The friends we went with were great and the drives to and from were pleasant!  |^|  This was the first time I'd been there when the tide was all the way out and we could walk all the way out to Cannon Rock, one of the haystack formations found along the Oregon coast.

Except for the sleeping accommodations, it was a wonderful 4-day trip.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 24, 2015, 09:57:19 AM
We had a wonderful visit to the shore....Seaside and Cannon Beach, Oregon. The girls spent a lot of time in the shops. Gary and I spent a lot of time sitting off all the food we ate! We found it to be a lot easier than walking it off!!

Weather was great; light breeze, plenty of sunshine, and in the low 70s most of the time.

Each couple stayed in a Thousand Trails ''park model'', a little cabin. It was barely tolerable  >:( The queen bed was crammed into a nook and just fit within 3 walls. We had to bring our own linens and making the bed was a PITA. Then we couldn't both sleep in it because I was too long. So I tried to pull out the sofa bed and it wouldn't pop out.  >:( The sofa worked ok though. Next day we got the sofa bed pulled out and it was an air mattress that had been put away while it still had air in it! When we tried to fill the mattress, the air pump/fan wouldn't come on to fill it. It would blow air OUT, but not IN!  :'(  As we left the park to do our daily feedings and sittings, we let the park manager know. He said we just missed the maintenance man and to call him in the morning to have him come look at it.  >:(  What a buncha crap! That night I kept fooling with the electrical connections and got it working.....only  to fill it with air and have it deflate through the night!!!!  ???

Meanwhile the beaches and views were beautiful. The friends we went with were great and the drives to and from were pleasant!  |^|  This was the first time I'd been there when the tide was all the way out and we could walk all the way out to Cannon Rock, one of the haystack formations found along the Oregon coast.

It sounds like you had a very good time. I would say great time but for the sleeping accommodations.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 24, 2015, 10:09:28 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 24, 2015, 09:57:19 AM

It sounds like you had a very good time. I would say great time but for the sleeping accommodations.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yup!!  |^|
How you doin', Willie?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yup!!  |^|
How you doin', Willie?
[/quote]

Ron, I am feeling a little better thanks. Hopefully I don't do anything stupid while doing these water changes.  huh
Willie