• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 629
Total: 629

Tuesday's coffee===>

Started by Mugwump, September 15, 2015, 06:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..and a very good cup it is too...MMMMmmmm   Some water changes today, need to move some fry around too..... then a couple errands....

A couple hotter days, then back to the more pleasant low 70's.....fall's coming on now...won't be long  |^| 

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes coffee and very good today and the weather will be even better.  I have to say that for me this is how I like my weather. |^| A little cool in the morning and warming up to the mid to high 70s in the afternoon. Does a place where the weather is like this all the time even exist? ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 15, 2015, 07:34:28 AM
Yes coffee and very good today and the weather will be even better.  I have to say that for me this is how I like my weather. |^| A little cool in the morning and warming up to the mid to high 70s in the afternoon. Does a place where the weather is like this all the time even exist? ???

San Diego....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Pretty nice again this am. But going to get Hot.

Went to our society meeting last night. Another great speaker. Guy has 50 tanks in an outdoor fish room in Miami. Even when it gets cold there all the fish remain outside. He breeds the high fin swordtails. Nice presentation on the genetics. I managed to get one at the auction. Alas I only spent $21.

http://miamiswordtails.weebly.com/
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Rjb3

A friend of mine has a farm in Costa Rica half way up the mountain. He says it's 72 degrees all year long. I need to check for myself.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 15, 2015, 08:14:06 AM

A friend of mine has a farm in Costa Rica half way up the mountain. He says it's 72 degrees all year long. I need to check for myself.

Yep, I know a couple folks that have traveled there in the past year..one guy and his wife almost stayed...LOL....the other is taking his wife back with him to show her it's that nice.... |^|

Both guys are in our baseball fantasy league too....I can see them having to 'Skype' to our spring drafts every year.... ;D
Jon

Rjb3

I want to move there. Gale won't go.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 15, 2015, 08:46:16 AM
I want to move there. Gale won't go.

...take her for a visit??

pot #2 now..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

And Costa Rica has a great bird and frog fauna!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Costa Rica. I looked that place up before I retired. It is just too far away from the family as is San Diego. ??? I guess I'll just stay here in the Mid-Atlantic area and hope it does not get too cold. 8)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 15, 2015, 02:58:13 PM
Costa Rica. I looked that place up before I retired. It is just too far away from the family as is San Diego. ??? I guess I'll just stay here in the Mid-Atlantic area and hope it does not get too cold. 8)

LOL...if you moved to a nicer climate they'd all follow you there.....LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 15, 2015, 03:17:17 PM

They would probably be ok going to San Diego but there is no way they are going to Costa Rica. Not unless I hit Mega or Powerball. Then they will follow me to the South Pole. =;-)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 15, 2015, 03:49:10 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 15, 2015, 03:17:17 PM

They would probably be ok going to San Diego but there is no way they are going to Costa Rica. Not unless I hit Mega or Powerball. Then they will follow me to the South Pole. =;-)

Heck, if you win the Mega....you can take us too....LOL....and our fish rooms... |^|
Jon

Rjb3

Gale said she wouldn't go while her Mom was alive. Well, Mom passed away last year. Now she won't go because she'd be too far from Shannon. (Our daughter)

My though is Shannon is always welcome to come and visit.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 15, 2015, 05:55:05 PM
Gale said she wouldn't go while her Mom was alive. Well, Mom passed away last year. Now she won't go because she'd be too far from Shannon. (Our daughter)

My though is Shannon is always welcome to come and visit.

..just tell Shannon about the challenge, and rewards, of teaching foreign students... ;D......she'll go...and Gale then has no excuse... |^|
Jon