• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 04:06:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

old rig Sunday coffee

Started by Mugwump, August 30, 2015, 06:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Coffee's great....but the 'putor seems to have a bad HD...won't boot properly, started to run slow and would freeze sometimes....ran diagnostic and it says HD test failed....???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Yep, HD is fried.....called Dell and they'll send out a new one...and even have someone drop by and put it in for me.......which I could do...but let's keep that warranty intact  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Is this the computer that's just like the one I bought?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2015, 09:56:34 AM
Is this the computer that's just like the one I bought?

yeppers.....but I screwed with it and got it to do a 'default' install, keeping my personal files.... ;D....still a bit slow but viewable for now.....for how long??...who knows, but at least I have the better monitor.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 30, 2015, 09:27:17 AM
Yep, HD is fried.....called Dell and they'll send out a new one...and even have someone drop by and put it in for me.......which I could do...but let's keep that warranty intact  |^|

Wow, that's the new one? Hope you backed it up or didn't have anything important on it. Waiting on the electrician. Supposed to be here around noon. His father-in-law promised me a good deal, we'll see. ??? Coffee was really good and it is supposed to be really hot. humidity is still low tho.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Raining on and off today...just like yesterday. But yesterday had a lot of wind.
Yep, coffee's good!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

How did you do the diagnostic, Mug.  I'm worried about my laptop at work and need to do that with it.  In the days of XP I was able to figure it out but can't with windows 8.1.  Good luck with the electrician, Willie.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2015, 11:07:19 AM
How did you do the diagnostic, Mug.  I'm worried about my laptop at work and need to do that with it.  In the days of XP I was able to figure it out but can't with windows 8.1.  Good luck with the electrician, Willie.

Use F12 while booting up.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Shoot, even I can do that.  thanks.

wsantia1

Good luck with the electrician, Willie.

Well the guy did no work today, but i am in decent shape for expansion. I've got plenty of room on my circuits, just need more outlets on the fishroom side of the basement. 8) The party side of my basement will need a circuit and outlets since I have nothing on that wall at all. ???

He'll pick up what he needs and get to work next weekend. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 30, 2015, 07:49:55 PM

Well the guy did no work today, but i am in decent shape for expansion. I've got plenty of room on my circuits, just need more outlets on the fishroom side of the basement. 8) The party side of my basement will need a circuit and outlets since I have nothing on that wall at all. ???

'party side' ??........... w!w
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 30, 2015, 08:03:58 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 30, 2015, 07:49:55 PM

'party side' ??........... w!w

lol, Yes there is going to be a party side separated by a wall (paneling) from the fishroom side. =;-)

Willie

BallAquatics

Have him install GFI "breakers" rather than outlets Willie.  Much more cost effective.

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 30, 2015, 09:10:36 PM
Have him install GFI "breakers" rather than outlets Willie.  Much more cost effective.

Dennis

How so? If the GFCI is at the beginning of the circuit it protects the entire circuit. And you only use one per circuit.

Now many places are requiring arc fault breakers as minimum code.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

Sunday is almost gone here. I did want to get back on and tell you all that we had dinner at our daughter's and granddaughter's tonight and met ''our'' new family member for the next 9-10 months. Her name is Aom (pronounced Ohm). She's a lovable, small Thai gal who will graduate high school here. She's from Bangkok. We played a game called Apples to Apples which is a good one to help learn the meanings of words. She's here for the second time. Last year she lived with hosts in Wauconda, Illinois outside of Chicago...at least that's what i think she said the name of the city is. Any of you guys know of it?

After only 2 years of studying English, she speaks and understands it really well. Should be a fun year with her in the family...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron