• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 08:07:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 848
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 770
Total: 770

GCCA 'member' Swap registration...

Started by Mugwump, January 04, 2015, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

,,is on Tuesday January 6th..........7 PM... ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2015, 10:07:20 AM
,,is on Tuesday January 6th..........7 PM... ;D ;D

You signing up Ed?  ;)

Sorry, just wanted to liven the old site up again.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

EdKaz

QuoteYou signing up Ed?

Of Course I'm gonna try........I have fish to sell.

QuoteSorry, just wanted to liven the old site up again.

We can do that........

Last swap, Despite my being unable to use the table assigned me, GCCA Board Members were quick to point out in emails to me that THEY have "rules", and that I will still HAVE to pay for that unusable table..........so I submitted my payment

In turn I checked with OTHER "rulemakers" looking to grab dollars........to be fair.

Has anyone else been submitting IBT (IL Business Tax) numbers to the GCCA for tax purposes........paying the REQUIRED 9% sales taxes on their sales at the swaps?

Have the swollen headed  GCCA board members been relaying the information required of them to the IRS, and/or the city of Hillside regarding all vendors at their swaps?

GCCA and its vendors may want to take a look at...........  http://www.revenue.state.il.us/individuals/salesandrelated/fairs.htm........so as not be be blindsided at future swaps ;)

RULES IS RULES..................RIGHT?

LizStreithorst

Ed, I know that you're pissed and that you can hurt them.  Please don't.  If you just show them your hand you will be given your table for free and it will be in the most perfect place.  If they know that you can hurt them and still do you wrong, go for the kill.  I don't want it to come to that.  They well be sponsoring NADA next year.
Always move forward. Never look back.

sschind

Quote from: EdKaz on January 05, 2015, 05:47:36 AM
QuoteYou signing up Ed?

Of Course I'm gonna try........I have fish to sell.

QuoteSorry, just wanted to liven the old site up again.

We can do that........

Last swap, Despite my being unable to use the table assigned me, GCCA Board Members were quick to point out in emails to me that THEY have "rules", and that I will still HAVE to pay for that unusable table..........so I submitted my payment

In turn I checked with OTHER "rulemakers" looking to grab dollars........to be fair.

Has anyone else been submitting IBT (IL Business Tax) numbers to the GCCA for tax purposes........paying the REQUIRED 9% sales taxes on their sales at the swaps?

Have the swollen headed  GCCA board members been relaying the information required of them to the IRS, and/or the city of Hillside regarding all vendors at their swaps?

GCCA and its vendors may want to take a look at...........  http://www.revenue.state.il.us/individuals/salesandrelated/fairs.htm........so as not be be blindsided at future swaps ;)

RULES IS RULES..................RIGHT?

Several years ago the All Animal Expo began providing vendor information to the IL whatever agency that takes your money and handing out the proper forms at the swaps to claim your sales.  I sent mine in with my small check (slow sale) and it took 7 months for them to cash it.

What you said about still having to pay the table fee, I do understand that rule but I have often wondered if they leave that table empty or if they sell it/give it to someone else and if they sell it to someone on their waiting list do they still make you pay for it as well.  Captain Bob and I have discussed this a few  times and my conclusion was that if they were going to make me pay for the table anyway I would have someone place a sign on it for me that read.

Thank you for stopping by my table.  As you can see I am not here and there are no fish on my table.  The reason is that after I signed up for the table something came up that prevented me from attending but the GCCA said I had to pay for the table anyway so I figured I would get some use out of it.  I realize it may have been in the better interest of the show to allow someone who actually had fish to sell to take my table but I am being forced to pay for it and by God I am just not that generous to give away my table.  On the chance that I would still be forced to pay for the table and the GCCA would SELL it to someone on their waiting list I figured screw them why should they be allowed to double dip.  It is for these reasons that you are reading this silly sign instead of looking at a bunch of cool fish right now.  Have a nice show.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

50+ vendors signed up already....

(still corner tables available ;D)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

QuoteEd, I know that you're pissed and that you can hurt them.  Please don't.  If you just show them your hand you will be given your table for free and it will be in the most perfect place

Liz .... I was being sarcastic.........I would sling my fish onto crackers for snacks, before handing THAT bunch another $40 of my money ;).
As far as ME "hurting them".........lol I CANT hurt them, their "pains" are and will forever be dictated by THEIR actions and decisions.........NOT mine.

Several years ago the All Animal Expo began providing vendor information to the IL whatever agency that takes your money and handing out the proper forms at the swaps to claim your sales.  I sent mine in with my small check (slow sale) and it took 7 months for them to cash it

Them revenuers area sneaky bunch.....sent in a handful at a Chicago suburban flea market a few years back that posed as Joe/Sue buyers who observed sales...........than demanded/collected tax payments on the spot for witnessed sales..... and handed out citations/fines to unregistered sellers.

Quote(still corner tables available ;D)

Be sure to request one for YOURSELF this time around...I heard they are awesome ;)

Mugwump

....I'll probably end up over there again...I don't care....folks that like our fish...find us...that 'crowd' in front of the table, does the rest of the advertising  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

EdKaz

QuoteI'll probably end up over there again...I don't care....folks that like our fish...find us...that 'crowd' in front of the table, does the rest of the advertising

No no no no......be sure to ask for and take the CORNER TABLE ...........not the easily accessed one you had last swap.

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on January 08, 2015, 05:46:22 PM
QuoteI'll probably end up over there again...I don't care....folks that like our fish...find us...that 'crowd' in front of the table, does the rest of the advertising

No no no no......be sure to ask for and take the CORNER TABLE ...........not the easily accessed one you had last swap.

In about 8-9-10 years of going to GCCA swaps...we've been everywhere..if they know you, they'll hunt you down.....if you have items that they've seen on the vendor sheets, and want, they'll look for you....
Jon

EdKaz

Quoten about 8-9-10 years of going to GCCA swaps...we've been everywhere..if they know you, they'll hunt you down.....if you have items that they've seen on the vendor sheets, and want, they'll look for you....

And if the other 900 out of 1000 visitors  that DONT know even YOU, of the vendor sheets or what you might be selling.......and are "shopping" (as  MOST do at the swaps) theyll HAVE to stumble across your offerings..................IF they can get to your table....and YOU could get to your own table to manage it.

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on January 08, 2015, 08:13:12 PM
Quoten about 8-9-10 years of going to GCCA swaps...we've been everywhere..if they know you, they'll hunt you down.....if you have items that they've seen on the vendor sheets, and want, they'll look for you....

And if the other 900 out of 1000 visitors  that DONT know even YOU, of the vendor sheets or what you might be selling.......and are "shopping" (as  MOST do at the swaps) theyll HAVE to stumble across your offerings..................IF they can get to your table....and YOU could get to your own table to manage it.

Yep.....sometimes more lookers than buyers...and yep, it's a big world....so you just do what you do....... ;D     it is what it is..... ;D
Jon

EdKaz

Quoteit is what it is.....

Or MADE to be......with a lil help from some 'friends" ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on January 09, 2015, 09:16:47 AM
Quoteit is what it is.....

Or MADE to be......with a lil help from some 'friends" ;)

I won't fight ya there, bro...... ;D  unfortunately there's a few bad apples over there.....
Jon

BallAquatics

Sometimes clubs get a bit overzealous trying to bring in money for other things.  That's what this looks like.

When we outgrew our swap site, rather than over-sell tables, we simply moved the event to another site.  No hard feelings and the event is bigger and better than ever.

Dennis