• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 01:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 862
Total: 863

GCCA swap on Dec 7th

Started by Mugwump, November 18, 2014, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....table registration, for GCCA members, tonight at 7 PM.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

QuoteYeppers..... ;D...are you going???....

Been Growin out LOTSO fish for the past 8 months or so for the upcoming swaps.
Im going............If I can get a table or two.
I hoping to bring a BUNCH of  dollar plus.......... KOI,  a variety from the  pinoy Clown/clown pair, a variety of Darks.................and a big variety and whole mess of quarter sized angels. Plans are NOT to bring any back home with me.

Any idea as to  How many, and what sized tanks they allow per table?

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on November 18, 2014, 10:47:52 AM
QuoteYeppers..... ;D...are you going???....

Been Growin out LOTSO fish for the past 8 months or so for the upcoming swaps.
Im going............If I can get a table or two.
I hoping to bring a BUNCH of  dollar plus.......... KOI,  a variety from the  pinoy Clown/clown pair, a variety of Darks.................and a big variety and whole mess of quarter sized angels. Plans are NOT to bring any back home with me.

Any idea as to  How many, and what sized tanks they allow per table?

I've seen (2) 30's...but I'd bring a 2 X 4 'stick' support for the table middle section, if you're going multiples.....I've done (2) 20's....and three 10's..with no problems.....remember you'll have to haul the water with you too.....there was a guy with 55's???......
Jon

EdKaz

Quote.remember you'll have to haul the water with you too.

Hauling water there will be the EASY part.....I have a couple of these here,(one with a LARGE top opening) and access to a HEATED trailer.

Ill fill one up in the basement a day before, heat it, age it........pump it to one in the trailer the morning of the swap..............fill it full of fish(free swimming as well as bagged to keep em all warm) turn on the air pumps(running off of inverters) .......... and hit the road ;)

I could/should have extra water on hand.

Mugwump

LOL....it'd be nice if you brought and extra 50 gallons... ;D...then I wouldn't have to haul much either  ;D.....you'll still need buckets to get it inside, with a dolly, etc....
Jon

EdKaz

If I can get a couple tables, I can bring you some water if you want.
As Far as buckets....... I have a 45 gal garbage can,or even a 40 gal Tote I can stick on a 4 wheeled cart, and a 12volt bilge pump I have here to move a bunch of the water quick.

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on November 18, 2014, 12:42:19 PM
If I can get a couple tables, I can bring you some water if you want.
As Far as buckets....... I have a 45 gal garbage can,or even a 40 gal Tote I can stick on a 4 wheeled cart, and a 12volt bilge pump I have here to move a bunch of the water quick.

Thanx Ed, ...I'm sure there will be a couple available....not the best date for a swap tho...right before Xmas....the one at the end of January might be OK.....but the April swap should be a great one...

Jon

EdKaz

Quote.not the best date for a swap tho...right before Xmas

ANY date is good for a swap at this point for me....As you know, Ive grown out a BUNCH to see whats what in the fish I got earlier this year.

They have grown.....and I have seen. I picked out a couple handfuls of keepers for a couple projects.

LOTS of nice fish leftover after I picked MINE.... but long term keeping 200-300 prebreeders and or adults was never my intention, nor do I want to keep feeding these pig like eating and crapping machines :o :o :o

A LOT of these fish have started pairing off, making for a constant source of entertainment.....BUT I HAVE to move a BUNCH of fish out to make room for my "chosen ones"

Lately, its been like a new pair each day :o
Like THIS one I just noticed as I was typing this ......

Rjb3

Eating and crapping machines. LOL You are correct.

They are good looking fish.

Mugwump

Looking real nice there Ed..... ;D
Jon

EdKaz

That pair is dutifully defending their eggs (so far) from their 6 tank mates..... including 3 I got from the "other side of the tracks".  Twas a bit of a culture shock for the 3 poor souls when I tossed em in with the Hoi Polloi Koi here.....  but they are coming around now. ;)

wsantia1

I agree those are some real nice looking Koi. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

EdKaz

QuoteI agree those are some real nice looking Koi.

Thanks for the compliments on the fish, they do come from some might fine stock

The Female in the pictures here, is a Mugwump Sunset.