• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:02:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 929
  • Online ever: 929
  • (Today at 02:52:26 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 925
Total: 926

GCCA swap 01/29/17

Started by Mugwump, December 22, 2016, 09:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nix70c

Yep, definitely missing some names from that vendor list. Are those guys not GCCA members and never had a chance at tables or skipping this one? Last time was the snow storm, time before that the Saturday disaster. The little room wasn't real cheery in December.

GCCA used to spend a little to promote their events didn't they? Sending out postcards, email reminders, etc? Facebook ads and event promotion are dirt cheap and actually work. Surely they have a little cash laying around for promotion?

Mugwump

Quote from: nix70c on January 20, 2017, 10:36:13 AM
Yep, definitely missing some names from that vendor list. Are those guys not GCCA members and never had a chance at tables or skipping this one? Last time was the snow storm, time before that the Saturday disaster. The little room wasn't real cheery in December.

GCCA used to spend a little to promote their events didn't they? Sending out postcards, email reminders, etc? Facebook ads and event promotion are dirt cheap and actually work. Surely they have a little cash laying around for promotion?

...seen emails....never post cards, other stuff, yada yada...it doesn't need much promo...most folks know about it, or seek it....

...missing folks....yes, likely non members, and those come and go quite often...

..snow storm?....that one wasn't bad...and all the vendors will be in just one big room now....and as Bob said....6 foot tables
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

I just think a discount of $5.00 would have been a nice gesture.  It wouldn't even need to be permanent if they are going to stick with this venue.  $5.00 off this time with the knowledge that next time it will be full price.  I think most people were simply taken by surprise by this and I can't believe they did not know about the 6 foot tables when they signed on.  The club with the venue I mean, not the vendors.

Of course they sell out all the time so they don't really need to worry about nice gestures.  They sold out this time and most likely they will continue to sell out so what does it matter what a few disgruntled vendors say.  It means even less to them when those disgruntled vendors still pay the full price for a smaller table.

Good luck to All the vendors. I hope ya like it nice and cozy.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on January 20, 2017, 04:36:52 PM
I just think a discount of $5.00 would have been a nice gesture.  It wouldn't even need to be permanent if they are going to stick with this venue.  $5.00 off this time with the knowledge that next time it will be full price.  I think most people were simply taken by surprise by this and I can't believe they did not know about the 6 foot tables when they signed on.  The club with the venue I mean, not the vendors.

Of course they sell out all the time so they don't really need to worry about nice gestures.  They sold out this time and most likely they will continue to sell out so what does it matter what a few disgruntled vendors say.  It means even less to them when those disgruntled vendors still pay the full price for a smaller table.

..yep, I'll be scoping out how well it works.....over crowding vendors isn't going to work well for me.....plenty of other swaps around now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Quote from: nix70c on January 20, 2017, 10:36:13 AM

The names I mentioned are GCCA members. I guess they're skipping it.

Rjb3

[/quote]

Nice and cozy? More like tripping over each other.  Those four rows of 15 tables in the center will be 90 feet total length with no break for access.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 20, 2017, 06:21:14 PM

Nice and cozy? More like tripping over each other.  Those four rows of 15 tables in the center will be 90 feet total length with no break for access.
[/quote]

...wondering about the aisle widths too.....if too narrow, again, it's be crazy for the attendees, and us......and get pretty dang hot in there.....
Jon

Mugwump

Haven't seen a vendor table assignment yet...?? It should be soon, I hope?
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on January 23, 2017, 06:51:14 AM

..still no vendor table listing ??
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2017, 05:41:21 AM

...oops....it's there now.. |^|

VENDOR Table location may change on day of event ... When checking in you will have your final table number ....

Abbate B1 - B2
Antolak A3
Barmore B3
Bastiani S1 - S2
Bates F4
Bebow C1
Benes B4
Berger A12 - A13
Berry E9 - E10
Blaszczyk E11
Borger C3
Borstein A14
Botts F5 - F6
Canaday E13 - E14 - E15
Christopher S6 - S7
Clark F7 - F8
Crouse S4 - S5
Datavs C9 - C10 - C11 - C12
DiNella D10
Durkin D3 - D4 - D5
Erickson C2
Exotics S9
Fujii D1 - D2
Greenwater A1 - A2 - F9 - F10
Grening A14
Hainline F3
Hazard D11
Huffman E1 - E2
Huffman E3
Kowal E4
Krout D12
Lehner C6 - C7
Lessman C13 -C14 - C15
Miller S8
Miller S3
Murr D9
Nesnidal C5
Nixon A4 - A5
Nowobielski B5
O'Neill B9 - B10
Perez D6 - D7
Rehberg F2
Salinas C4
Schahczinski B11 - B12
Schmidt B13
Schroeder E5 - E6 - E7
Sid F11 - F12
Sielaff F1
Stake D13 - D14 - D15
Tankersley B6 - B7
Williams E12
Yang A10
Michels B14 - B15
Schadle A6 - A7 -A8
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2017, 06:02:23 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2017, 05:41:21 AM

...oops....it's there now.. |^|

VENDOR Table location may change on day of event ... When checking in you will have your final table number ....

Abbate B1 - B2
Antolak A3
Barmore B3
Bastiani S1 - S2
Bates F4
Bebow C1
Benes B4
Berger A12 - A13
Berry E9 - E10
Blaszczyk E11
Borger C3
Borstein A14
Botts F5 - F6
Canaday E13 - E14 - E15
Christopher S6 - S7
Clark F7 - F8
Crouse S4 - S5
Datavs C9 - C10 - C11 - C12
DiNella D10
Durkin D3 - D4 - D5
Erickson C2
Exotics S9
Fujii D1 - D2
Greenwater A1 - A2 - F9 - F10
Grening A14
Hainline F3
Hazard D11
Huffman E1 - E2
Huffman E3
Kowal E4
Krout D12
Lehner C6 - C7
Lessman C13 -C14 - C15
Miller S8
Miller S3
Murr D9
Nesnidal C5
Nixon A4 - A5
Nowobielski B5
O'Neill B9 - B10
Perez D6 - D7
Rehberg F2
Salinas C4
Schahczinski B11 - B12
Schmidt B13
Schroeder E5 - E6 - E7
Sid F11 - F12
Sielaff F1
Stake D13 - D14 - D15
Tankersley B6 - B7
Williams E12
Yang A10
Michels B14 - B15
Schadle A6 - A7 -A8

I see a lot of vendors with multiple tables. Good luck Jon, Captain Bob and Frank O (if you see this). |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Thanks, Willie!  Oops...I'm not a vendor...!  Well...thanks anyway, Willie, just for being you...! :D :D :D :D |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 25, 2017, 08:46:02 AM
Thanks, Willie!  Oops...I'm not a vendor...!  Well...thanks anyway, Willie, just for being you...! :D :D :D :D |^| |^| |^|

+1.....yup....thanks again Willie
Jon