• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:10:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 925
Total: 926

GCCA swap 01/29/17

Started by Mugwump, December 22, 2016, 09:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 12, 2017, 10:14:40 AM
Not yet. Wait till we get there. Table assignments are new for the new venue. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, it will be a short day for us. It's going to be tough sledding for the guys with a 5' tables in the corner.

....kinda my thought too.....hopefully they have enough room to angle the corner tables...

...still don't see much chatter elsewhere tho.....I know Kasey and Alex aren't too pleased....Frank said he got two tables so he'd have 10ft....that's an extra $40 bucks to get the 3' back.... huh...and for that cost, still short 6'...... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I'm not happy either. In fact, I'll bet nobody is very pleased about the short tables for the same price.

The end is near for me. Like the time I got stuck splitting a 6' table with two other guys. That's the day I got kicked out of the vendor room during set up cuz the other two guys weren't there and I didn't have my vendor badge yet. Steve sent fish for me to deliver to Ged or I would have split right there on the spot. I'm that close again.

Swaps are fun for me. Take the fun out and it's just a swap. I can go anywhere and do that. Gale and I take the show on the road. To name a few: Cincinnati, Kansas City, St. Louis, Green Bay, they all have swaps. (I skipped Cleveland. We ain't goin' back there. LOL) We spend more on fuel and stay over night so the costs go up, but those are still fun.

I'll stop complaining. Promise.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 12, 2017, 04:12:50 PM
I'm not happy either. In fact, I'll bet nobody is very pleased about the short tables for the same price.

The end is near for me. Like the time I got stuck splitting a 6' table with two other guys. That's the day I got kicked out of the vendor room during set up cuz the other two guys weren't there and I didn't have my vendor badge yet. Steve sent fish for me to deliver to Ged or I would have split right there on the spot. I'm that close again.

Swaps are fun for me. Take the fun out and it's just a swap. I can go anywhere and do that. Gale and I take the show on the road. To name a few: Cincinnati, Kansas City, St. Louis, Green Bay, they all have swaps. (I skipped Cleveland. We ain't goin' back there. LOL) We spend more on fuel and stay over night so the costs go up, but those are still fun.

I'm not so happy with it either....so I understand..

Somehow I'm hoping that there will be an explanation provided, but not holding my breath.....I will be watching how the guys that always bring the bigger tanks handle it tho....that could be interesting...

...hoping also that the word has been spread about the different location....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..looks like 55-60 vendors so far.....many 2-3 table folks too...
Jon

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on January 12, 2017, 04:52:38 PM

Somehow I'm hoping that there will be an explanation provided, but not holding my breath.....I will be watching how the guys that always bring the bigger tanks handle it tho....that could be interesting...

What explanation could there possibly be that would make it acceptable.  I'm guessing the venue only has 5 foot tables available which would explain that part of it but to charge the same price.  Its a joke and its ridiculous.  I don't want to put a damper on your guy's fun but if I were you I'd not get too excited about this one.  Its going to be cramped behind the tables.  Vendors are going to be complaining and you have the whole new venue issue.  I hope it works out for you all.  I'll be working the store for Bruce so he can go and I'll try to get some dirt from him.

Bob, if you need to borrow a piece of plywood to put between two tables I have one use can use ;)
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on January 15, 2017, 12:47:06 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 12, 2017, 04:52:38 PM

What explanation could there possibly be that would make it acceptable.  I'm guessing the venue only has 5 foot tables available which would explain that part of it but to charge the same price.  Its a joke and its ridiculous.  I don't want to put a damper on your guy's fun but if I were you I'd not get too excited about this one.  Its going to be cramped behind the tables.  Vendors are going to be complaining and you have the whole new venue issue.  I hope it works out for you all.  I'll be working the store for Bruce so he can go and I'll try to get some dirt from him.

Bob, if you need to borrow a piece of plywood to put between two tables I have one use can use ;)

I think we'll get a bit more info when the site layout is posted.... huh....yrs, my thought too, only tables they have....or....they need the 5ft tables to fit us all in ONE room...
Jon

Rjb3

That's okay, Steve. I think if I looked around, I still have that same piece that we used. LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 15, 2017, 06:53:48 PM
That's okay, Steve. I think if I looked around, I still have that same piece that we used. LOL

|^|
Jon

Rjb3

Jon, did I ever tell you when they cheesed us in the old days with the 6' tables Steve and I had a piece of plywood we'd put between the tables under the table cloth? We never got caught.

Yup, we needed to be watched.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 15, 2017, 07:26:51 PM
Jon, did I ever tell you when they cheesed us in the old days with the 6' tables Steve and I had a piece of plywood we'd put between the tables under the table cloth? We never got caught.

Yup, we needed to be watched.

I figured the plan.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...sold out....layout posted...and already had a guy ask if I'd share our table with him......sheesh, get serious.... huh

..looks like around 100 tables..?
Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on January 17, 2017, 06:17:32 AM
...sold out....layout posted...and already had a guy ask if I'd share our table with him......sheesh, get serious.... huh

I saw that. 97 tables and 51 vendors by my count. More vendors means more variety. If they used 3' tables . . . . . . .

Aquatic Clarity isn't signed up, neither are Carl and Phil. Todd usually shares a table with another guy. He's not signed up either.

I always told Jeff I wouldn't sell driftwood against him. If I just had room on my little bitty table. LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 17, 2017, 07:10:49 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 17, 2017, 06:17:32 AM

I saw that. 97 tables and 51 vendors by my count. More vendors means more variety. If they used 3' tables . . . . . . .

Aquatic Clarity isn't signed up, neither are Carl and Phil. Todd usually shares a table with another guy. He's not signed up either.

I always told Jeff I wouldn't sell driftwood against him. If I just had room on my little bitty table. LOL

...LOL.....We could put our lunch on that one, then get two more for goods.....smaller the tables, the fewer vendors ?..folks would just take more....alas, perhaps not at $40 a pop... huh
Jon

Rjb3

The 5' table was a typo. They are actually a whole 6' long. The web site has been corrected. Glad I only reserved one table.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 20, 2017, 06:20:51 AM
The 5' table was a typo. They are actually a whole 6' long. The web site has been corrected. Glad I only reserved one table.

....a foot is a foot.....that's a little better.... |^|
Jon