• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 01:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 874
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 875
Total: 875

GCCA swap 01/29/17

Started by Mugwump, December 22, 2016, 09:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..Member sign up is Jan 10th @ 7PM....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Rjb3

Five foot tables? $40. Ouch.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 10, 2017, 07:17:34 PM

I caught that too....there'll be a lot of 2'fers for sure......fours??
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 10, 2017, 07:30:53 PM
Quote from: Rjb3 on January 10, 2017, 07:17:34 PM

I caught that too....there'll be a lot of 2'fers for sure......fours??

Ouch is right.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

Be advised. Rant warning:

If ya figure you have to pay annual club dues to get the week early sign up and a $5 discount, you're actually paying the $45 anyway.

I can't get over the 5' tables. That's 3' less room for your stuff on the table, 3' less room under the table for box/bin storage, and 3' less for room behind the table to stand, move around, and cart storage. You pretty much eliminate two people splitting a table.

They had 6' tables a couple of times years ago. Not fun. This is my hobby. It's supposed to be fun.

They need to talk to the vendors and ask them what would make it better. Business has been way down. Not good. If I save $180 by skipping the next four swaps I can use that for fuel to get to the other swaps in different areas where 8' tables are only $10-$20. True, I would miss the revenue from the four swaps, but business isn't what it used to be. It will take a little over an hour to get to the GCCA swap. In a little over two, I can be at the Green Bay swap Feb 11th. They have 8' tables for $20 and I'm already signed up.

There was life before GCCA swaps. There will be life after.

nix70c

Whew! I went to register and caught the $40 5ft tables too. That's brutal.

Rjb3

Mugwump

"There was life before GCCA swaps. There will be life after."

..pretty much says it....

5' table.....my tanks take up 3'-4'....no room for bags, etc.....yes, it sucks...I guess in nicer weather we can sell off the back of the Tahoe too..... huh
Jon

Rjb3

We carry five 4' tables everywhere we go for the garden business and a 10X10 Ez-up.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 11, 2017, 06:55:06 AM
We carry five 4' tables everywhere we go for the garden business and a 10X10 Ez-up.

...hmmm?....one tank and bags ?.... huh
Jon

Mugwump

I don't see much complaining about the 5' tables.....???
Jon

Rjb3

Not yet. Wait till we get there. Table assignments are new for the new venue. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, it will be a short day for us. It's going to be tough sledding for the guys with a 5' tables in the corner.