• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:08:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 681
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 672
Total: 672

Bristlenose Plecos

Started by Mugwump, November 25, 2012, 08:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'd much rather vacuum up good clean poo than rotted food.  The bristlenose eat everything.  I have adults in my tanks that never get the first vegggie.  They are strong and healthy.  They survive on left over fish food and the slime on the sides of the tanks.  Most importantly, they don't attach to the sides of the Discus to feast of their slime coat.  Other Plecos will do that. 

I'm treating my and Boozer's babies more tenderly.  Cucumber yesterday, Kale today.  I can't wait until they're big enough to transfer to my other tanks.  I'm afraid that if I do it now they will be stupid and allow me to suck them up during WC.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

They're not the fastest growers, but worth the wait. BN's are such wonderful little scavengers...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

I have a few more BN fry , if anyone's interested. They ship better than angels in cold/cooler weather.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Quote from: Mugwump on December 19, 2012, 04:59:25 PM
I have a few more BN fry , if anyone's interested. They ship better than angels in cold/cooler weather.

Do you want to try and send some this way and see what happens?  Would be a great test run? This summer I want to swap you some Koi and start working our lines in together.  Also want so of the plat marbles from you....   Get something different going in our f/r.  Right now we are working on our 2nd generation.  Feel good to have kids raising babies...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Let's see after the holidays....??..right now I'm more worried about the carriers...UPS, USPS, etc..
Jon