• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 07:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 603
Total: 604

Bristlenose Plecos

Started by Mugwump, November 25, 2012, 08:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I've got a slew of BN fry...about 1" or so....Albinos, browns..std fins......if interested let me know...weathers getting colder, so shipping is limited...price..hell, I don't know..let me know how many and I'll cut a deal...shippings about $16 to most anywhere...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

ilroost

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Got mine ordered.  I'm looking forward to fewer tank wipedowns.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I got 24 in yesterday.  12 for me and 12 for my fish buddy.  They all arrived in perfect nik.  I'd planned to put them in a 10 gallon, but I have a 29 that I can watch them in better, so to the 29 they went.  These little guys should be very strong.  One of the parents (can't remember which) is wild caught.

I've never bred Bristlenose so I have never seen how much fun it is watching a bunch of them scurry around the tank, cleaning everything in sight even if it dosen't need cleaning.   Never a dull moment with these disgracefully cute little fish.

Bud Boozer, my fish keeping buddy, will come tomorrow for his.  They will be hell to catch.  I will do my best to talk him into letting me grow them out for him a bit.  That way I'll get to watch the entire group for a few weeks longer.

Thanks Mug.  These fish make me smile.  Oh, and thanks for the extras.

Mugwump

That's great Liz !!...and yep, they're fun to watch. The female(s) were wild caught....LOL..as we chat here, the oldest pair that we have...have spawned another huge cave full...this pair has populated a lot of folks fish tanks...plus some of our other pairs...the father of yours is from a offspring pair from these two.....LOL....great grandma just can't get enough from her 'man'.... ;D ;D
Throw a slice of zuchinni or cucumber and rubber band it on a flat rock...they'll love it...or slice a baby carrot in half...they'll chow on that too, as well as green beans....I've seen folks sink lettuce too....they're not picky.....hehe.....just chow hounds..and they love their 'frenzy'....yeppers
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm ashamed to say that when I went to the grocery store yesterday I meant to pick up a zuchinni for them, but forgot.  They've had to make do on those commercial discs.  They're eating them but it's no substitute for something fresh.  I do have some mustard greens that I'll be blanching to put in a shortrib barley stew that I'll be making tonight.  I'll try them on a piece of that.  I also have some celery.  Do they like celery?  I have some Frenzy.

Mugwump

I've never tried celery....???...but doesn't carry many,any, nutrients, does it.???
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've always thought of celery as mostly water, but it certainly is aromatic.  It must have something good in it.  I'll toss in a bit sliced in half and see if they like it.  If they don't, no harm will be done.

Mugwump

If you need to catch them, and have some time.....put a glass jar in there with some food inside...you'll get some that way....careful when netting...you need to trap/corner them and then jiggle the net to get em to pop in it....patience....LOL....they are quick.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm sure that when Boozer sees them he will be happy to let me grow them out for a few more weeks.  At least that's what I'm hoping.  How can he deny me the pleasure of watching these funny little guys while at the same time I make them grow bigger?

Mugwump

LOL...when the tank bottom looks really still and quiet.....rap your knuckles on the tank and watch the 'fire drill'....hehe..hilarious...they run everywhere.....
Jon

Jdmcfast

They are a lot of fun to watch but man they are some poop machines!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on December 02, 2012, 07:22:43 PM
They are a lot of fun to watch but man they are some poop machines!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yep, but it means that they're healthy and.....doing the job....... ::)
Jon