• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 06:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 605
Total: 605

Who's going to have...

Started by Mugwump, October 21, 2012, 01:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

fry or fish to sell in the near future???.....Lots of folks like to plan for new additions, if they know that they will be available....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have 160 gallons worth of Platinum Angels.  They are 3 1/2".

I need to know before I ship, what size bags and of what mm. and how many per bag.  And how do y'all do it?  With Discus it's only FedEx priority overnight.

I also have a guy who wants to buy a group of my half blacks that are over 4"  Same question on them.

The bags I have are 3 mm's.  Do I double bag larger Angels?

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

2mm or 3mm bags work fine, I like to dble bag,,,larger angels, I'd triple bag, an angel can 'fin' a hole quickly..large angels/ 1 per bag.....med's (half dollar) maybe 2 per bag....quarters 4-5 per bag...dimes and peas 10+ per bag...use your judgement on veils...they can get damaged quickly. Also, it'll depend on your bag sizes.....a good all a round bag is 10 X 22's or 8 X 20's...pairs should be split up one per bag.

In good weather, the USPS has pretty good rates on priority....smaller fish shipments work well in their 'flat rate boxes'.....delivery normally 2-3 days....winter's another story, I don't ship much...but won't in winter or very hot summer unless it would be overnite....

I'm sure other more experienced shippers will chime in....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I've never shipped any angels, but I've shipped lots of danios and shrimp/crayfish.

I normally ship from March to the end of June, then stop until the weather cools off in September.  Stop again in mid November due to cold weather and the holiday season which can delay package delivery.

I use Kordon 'Breathing Bags' for everything except local delivery any more.  Also use a heat sealer to close the bags - no more rubber bands or knots.  I also cut 1" styrofoam insulation to line my USPS Priority shipping boxes.  I'll see if I can get some photos next time I pack a box for the DIY section.

Dennis

Mugwump

" I also cut 1" styrofoam insulation to line my USPS Priority shipping boxes."
Thanks, Dennis...I forgot to mention the box insulation, if you don't have a styrofoam container.
Jon

Mir

Do you only mean angels? Cause Ive got a lot of extra guppies to get rid of! :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Jdmcfast

What kind of guppies do you breed Mir?

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Mir

Well I'm not working on any right now. It used to be half blacks but now I just have a bunch of mutts who have interbred before I could separate them so I have a lot of ugly sub-adults who need to go to a loving home so I can clear out and start over again with a pure strain. I only have one breedable black tux female left. :(
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Frank The Plumber

I have currently:

Pb/Pb green glitters at dime
DD black veils quarter through dollar
Philipine blue silvers at quarter plus
Platinum with Pb at quarter plus
Philipine blue albino pb/pb at dime plus
Single dose pb smokey albino at dime plus
Single dose pb smokey at dime plus
Orange sunset koi at nickel to quarter
German blue blush veil and standard
Smokey blush iridescent blue veil and standard
Gold veil
Silvers veil and standards
Chocolate blush iridescent blue veils Dimes
Black clowns veil and standards (het half black)
Black blush veils and standards (het half black)
Blue koi Het for albino and Hey for koi single dose pb
Silver blush ( het for albino, half black, pb, stripeless ) a cross between a madetto line half black blush blue and a gibbs pb pb albino. Veils available. If you run this in the calculator it gets rather exciting.
I have a couple of other things in the works, I may have some single dose black zebras but have to proof it out.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

Are any of your half black hets expressing half blackness?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on October 22, 2012, 06:36:43 PM
I have currently:

Gold veil
Silver blush ( het for albino, half black, pb, stripeless ) a cross between a madetto line half black blush blue and a gibbs pb pb albino. Veils available. If you run this in the calculator it gets rather exciting.
I have a couple of other things in the works, I may have some single dose black zebras but have to proof it out.

Hey Frank, any of those Silvers 'clean'...or are they carrying a gold or something??.....
and I'll be looking over those quarter Plats too....and black clown veils...
my Albino Plats are growing nicely, thank you.......sweeet....anymore??
Jon

P4Angels

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on October 22, 2012, 06:36:43 PM
I have currently:

Gold veil

WOW not that s a list.....   Where are you in this great nation.....  Would love to add some of that to my stock....
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Frank's on the north side of Chicago....he'll be at the swap...you guys going?.... 8)
Scott and I, both grabbed a few at the last swap...nice....
Jon

b125killer

Hello Frank your working on alot of nice angels. I'm glade Jon got the albinos. If he didn't I would have.
Scott

Frank The Plumber

I have some silvers that are the result of a cross between a streaked DD black and a green glitter single dose pb. I have some in standard and some in veil. I think that if we crossed two siblings of the veil that we would get a percentage of fairly straight pure silver Peru based or resembling stock, perhaps like 10 to 25%. I think the only way to get a clean silver is to make one at this point in time. I will as this is needed to breed into a half black later. I kept a dozen of each D/ pb veil, silver pb veil, gold veil and some which have an extra bar which might be zebra.

The black clown veils and the black blush veils are het halfblack. They are a cross to a halfblack blush and a DD streaked black veil. I have some of those in veil but only a few and a fair number of them in standard.

None of my halfblack hets are expressing but it seems I have a cross into a Gibbs line that has some halfblacks from Peter Bottle's line in it. I crossed a Madetto line half black blush veil to a Gibbs albino Pb/pb and in the batch have one fish expressing. He is ventrally challenged though.

In albinos I will have albino pb and albino smokey single dose pb.

I am going to bring one adult breeding pair of Albino Pb/pb gibbs line fish to the swap, I have 3 pairs and need to reduce to two pairs. Tears as I love these guys but I am getting too many adults. $125 for them. I also will have a pair of young clowns that are single dose pb and het albino, they produce albino blue clowns. A Ramirez line fish. $40 for the pair of those. I have a pair of Smokey blush iridescent blues that I am parting with too, het albino and make nice chocolates, female is a standard fin, male a veil, $35 for them. They will be at the swap. See me early to buy them.

Jon your fish are albino pb/pb from the Gibb's line fish I have, it's possible they are a cross of an albino pb pb to a pb pb green glitter. They may have the light pink barring when they mature. I didn't think I saw any albino plats but they could possibly be albino plats as the cross did produce platinums.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?