• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 07:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 740
Total: 740

Wednesday's cup of Joe

Started by Mugwump, July 19, 2017, 06:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..what very good coffee....MMMmmmmm.....fantastic !

...another hot, humid day for us.....and thorms later too..... 8)....so we'll do our shopping and errands early on....I'll do laundry, water changes and fish room stuff later...
..nothing else planned..

..now for more of that great coffee.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee was great here too. We are in the beginning of the longest heatwave that we've had since I came back east. It's supposed to last until early next week. I too will take care of outdoor errand early. I will probably spend the afternoon fishroom putzing and doing water changes.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

.....errands done....and the heat moved in earlier than expected....blah...

..we need a pool  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Up early to watch the guys finish putting the trim on the extended awning they did day before yesterday....then I got the boss to help me put up a screen |^|....now maybe Lucy's craft shack will stay a little cooler...we'll see... huh

...finished up the potting soil medium to split my grindal worm culture into 3...now I'll give them a week or so to see how they multiply...

...last night I pieced together some glass I had cut at the hardware store in GDF to make a custom fit top for the little 3g tank for the killies that are coming...I'll put water and some plants in it today...

...no monsoons here last night...went all around us...

...still miss morning coffee...may have to cheat some soon....

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 19, 2017, 08:52:50 AM
The coffee was great here too. We are in the beginning of the longest heatwave that we've had since I came back east. It's supposed to last until early next week. I too will take care of outdoor errand early. I will probably spend the afternoon fishroom putzing and doing water changes.

Did my water changes and cleaned out a few filters but from the looks of it I have more to do. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Tony44

Just get a pond you can keep some fish and use it as a swimming hole it was hot the last few days been coming home and hitting the couch only 7 more years if the world stays close to the same almost time to count the days
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

It's so hot here that it's hard to go outside wfwf
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 19, 2017, 05:08:08 PM
It's so hot here that it's hard to go outside wfwf

same here......temp 94deg's....dew point 78deg's....index of 104deg's.......it's just hot and thick out there....

....but 'maters' love it.... |^|
Jon

Tony44

Started. Getting some cherry maters have reg reds and have the yellows this year very good but have to chill them first
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

95 and heat index of 105.  It's July in Mississippi :(  I figured out what was wrong with my 'maters.  It wasn't all the rain, it's blossom end rot due to a calcium deficiency.  When it cools off just a tad I'll mix a handful of dry wall mud in a bucket of water and water it with that.  When it gets cool enough to actually work outside I'll lime.  I'm sure my pastures need lime, too.

Tony44

Jon looks like you are gonna get hammered in a lil while
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on July 19, 2017, 06:53:10 PM
Jon looks like you are gonna get hammered in a lil while

I've been watching that too.....got a friend over in upper Iowa....72mph winds, hail, and horrific rain..................it's a beaut' for sure
Jon

Tony44

RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

Get ready to hunker.  I'll be thinking of you.  Winds that strong are tough on everything.

wallace

I can see it on the radar, about 45 minutes away from DeKalb. Severe Tstorm headed your way it looks like.

Dan