• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 04:00:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 625
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 625
Total: 625

Water purification

Started by Mugwump, December 09, 2014, 01:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Interesting...sorry pic's so big.... ;D

Drinking water pollution detector Rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) are being used in water purification plants to detect acute water pollution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_purification
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

The first glofish were initially developed to detect pollution.
There were supposed to glow green in the presence of dioxin or something.
But they just glowed all the time.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on December 09, 2014, 01:03:51 PM
The first glofish were initially developed to detect pollution.
There were supposed to glow green in the presence of dioxin or something.
But they just glowed all the time.

Really ?....so there was an intended use besides the freshwater sales to folks....then again, that's likely why we see them...they didn't work for the intended purpose, and someone must have ..."hey, I've an idea.....yada yada"
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson