• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 05:24:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 599
Total: 600

Greetings from Michigan!

Started by raven_wilde, November 12, 2013, 10:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raven_wilde

Hi everyone! I was invited to join in over here by PaulineMI... we both participate on the greatlakesaquaria.com forum where we bonded over Angelfish.

Mostly though I keep & do a little bit of breeding with assorted danio & rasbora nano-fishes.

I've started keeping a blog of my activities at http://aqua.ravenwilde.net/

But here is a somewhat current shot of my 'show tank':

Although I really need to take an updated shot since I've added more plants since this was taken.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!
I am a dirt worshiping, planted tank lover - I keep/breed freshwater nano-fishes: danios & rasboras but I also have a soft spot for polypterids. Life is complicated like that. I blog about the hobby at http://aqua.ravenwilde.net

wsantia1

Welcome! There are some really nice and knowledgeable folks on this site. I'm sure you'll like it here.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Welcome aboard...A friend of Pauline's, is a friend of ours too... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Welcome...and great looking tank, I love the wood in it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Josh

BillT

Welcome.
I like the pictures on your website.

b125killer

Welcome to the forum.  Your tanks is awesome!  ;D
Scott

PaulineMi

Welcome and glad you joined us.  There are a great group of people here.  Interesting fish discussions and also a feeling of "getting together over coffee chit chat with friends".

Dennis....in addition to angels, she really likes Celestial Pearl Danios...owning and breeding them.   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 12, 2013, 04:48:09 PM
Welcome and glad you joined us.  There are a great group of people here.  Interesting fish discussions and also a feeling of "getting together over coffee chit chat with friends".

Dennis....in addition to angels, she really likes Celestial Pearl Danios...owning and breeding them.   :)

Are Danio breeders known as "mop heads"??... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good to have you here!  So far I ditto all that's been written here!
Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wiggs

welcome, you will have fun here. ;D
Jan

BallAquatics

Hi Raven, good to see you at Mugwumps!  We know each other from celestialpearldanio.com.

Quote from: Mugwump on November 12, 2013, 04:56:48 PM

I would think that would be Rainbowfish breeders.  Danios are generally indiscriminate egg scatterers.   ;)

Dennis

raven_wilde

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 13, 2013, 06:35:15 AM
Hi Raven, good to see you at Mugwumps!  We know each other from celestialpearldanio.com.

Quote from: Mugwump on November 12, 2013, 04:56:48 PM

I would think that would be Rainbowfish breeders.  Danios are generally indiscriminate egg scatterers.   ;)

Dennis

Dennis -
Yes! Thank you for setting up and running that site - its been so helpful!

And yeah... about 'mop-heads'... I use java moss, because I'm an all-natural hippie-type :)
I am a dirt worshiping, planted tank lover - I keep/breed freshwater nano-fishes: danios & rasboras but I also have a soft spot for polypterids. Life is complicated like that. I blog about the hobby at http://aqua.ravenwilde.net