• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 05:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 597
Total: 599

Hello to all!

Started by TNT77, September 23, 2013, 11:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNT77

Hi my name is Tara and I am a fish addict. Be it discus, plecos, rays, geos. etc..... I worked as a farrier and horse trainer since I was in high school until my body started giving out. I then let my fish addiction take over. Big time lol.
Pictures of my setup

TNT77

Some of my babies

TNT77

More of my babies. :)

My most precious baby of them all.

Ron Sower

:o Wowser...!  Nice, Tara!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Wow.........that's nice Tara...I see that you're a GSD person too ;D....we are too  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You have a gorgeous set up, Tara.  Beautiful discus, too.  I could spend an entire day staring at that Blue SS.  What a fish!
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

You do have some pretty discus. I also like the sting rays.
Scott

JR

Very nice love the Discus. Fine looking GSD I have 3 great dogs
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BallAquatics

Very nice set-up.  With all those tanks, you will fit in nicely around here!   ;)

Dennis

Barb

Hi Tara, really good to have you join in here.  Liz, Pauline, me and now you can really bring Discus info and fun to Mug's place.  You have some fabulous discus and rays!   Good lookin dog too.
Barb

wsantia1

Those are some great looking Discus.  I am glad I got to see some of them in person.  The Sterbais I got from Tara are very nice too. ;D ;D ;D.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BillT

Nice fish room.
I like your electrical and air set-up.

It looks like some of your tanks are drilled and some are not. How does your water system work?

TNT77

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 24, 2013, 07:57:26 AM
You have a gorgeous set up, Tara.  Beautiful discus, too.  I could spend an entire day staring at that Blue SS.  What a fish!
I love that fish too Liz. Its the second place fish from the class your fish won at NADA. Its a killer fish. Im still trying to get it to pair up with something. I'm assuming its male as its killed two males on me and shimmies with the female;s but it never does anything.

TNT77

Quote from: Mugwump on September 24, 2013, 05:57:06 AM
Wow.........that's nice Tara...I see that you're a GSD person too ;D....we are too  ;D
I love my gsd. My first was extremely special and he made me want another when he passed. Hopefully Harley (pictured) will defy the odds they give her and live a long time. She was diagnosed with kidney failure about 8 months ago I believe.

TNT77

Quote from: BillT on September 25, 2013, 12:17:00 PM
Nice fish room.
I like your electrical and air set-up.

It looks like some of your tanks are drilled and some are not. How does your water system work?
The drilled tanks are all plugged. I bought the setup and didnt have the space to use the tanks drilled.
This is the clean out and fill system for the bigger lines.

Inline gas heater we installed. I do not heat my aged water. It runs directly from the aging tanks through the inline heater. Through a mixing valve that mixes the hot and cold water pulled also from the aging barrels to the temp of my tanks. Then its run through a carbon filtration system on the way to the tanks. I had an issue a couple of months ago with the tap water that ended up killing around 300 babies and 4 of my adults from my breeders.

The pump that is used to siphon the tanks and one of my air pumps that runs my filtration.

The closed loop air setup (wasn't quite finished in the photo). Works beautiful never have issues with any differences in output on my sponge filters.