• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 469
Total: 470

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

wallace

Sacrifice
Dan

Mugwump

By Robert Kagan August 1

Robert Kagan is a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and a contributing columnist for The Post.

One wonders if Republican leaders have begun to realize that they may have hitched their fate and the fate of their party to a man with a disordered personality. We can leave it to the professionals to determine exactly what to call it. Suffice to say that Donald Trump?s response to the assorted speakers at the Democratic National Convention has not been rational.

Why denigrate the parents of a soldier who died serving his country in Iraq? And why keep it going for four days? Why assail the record of a decorated general who commanded U.S. forces in Afghanistan? Why make fun of the stature of a popular former mayor of New York? Surely Trump must know that at any convention, including his own, people get up and criticize the opposition party?s nominee. They get their shots in, just as your party got its shots in. And then you move on to the next phase of the campaign. You don?t take a crack at every single person who criticized you. And you especially don?t pick fights that you can?t possibly win, such as against a grieving Gold Star mother or a general. It?s simply not in your interest to do so.

The fact that Trump could not help himself, that he clearly did, as he said, want to ?hit? everyone who spoke against him at the Democratic convention, suggests that there really is something wrong with the man. It is not just that he is incapable of empathy. It is not just that he feels he must respond to every criticism he receives by attacking and denigrating the critic, no matter how small or inconsequential the criticism. If you are a Republican, the real problem, and the thing that ought to keep you up nights as we head into the final 100 days of this campaign, is that the man cannot control himself. He cannot hold back even when it is manifestly in his interest to do so. What?s more, his psychological pathologies are ultimately self-destructive. (Disclosure: I was a guest speaker at a fundraiser for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton last month; I have no role with her campaign.)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Robert Kagan is a neocon, who among others likes Hillary because she is expected to ramp up the wars they want.

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/25/robert-kagan-and-other-neocons-back-hillary-clinton/

Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 03, 2016, 05:03:56 PM
Robert Kagan is a neocon, who among others likes Hillary because she is expected to ramp up the wars they want.

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/25/robert-kagan-and-other-neocons-back-hillary-clinton/

Well, she labeled him as such...and likely because of her sentiment regarding the Israeli and Palestine conflict...she's not fond of Hillary either because she doesn't appear to like any US moves/aid, etc to Israel....

I'll admit he leans farther right than most...but she's apparently not to fond of trump for his slant on middle east folks either...

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/donald-trump-anti-muslim-hysteria-and-hypocrites-who-enabled-his-rise
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The only thing that I don't like about Hilary is her hawkishness.  She has admitted to having made mistakes.  I hope that she has learned from her mistakes.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Borowitz Report)?A humanitarian crisis has been unfolding over the past week as Republican refugees seeking asylum have overrun the Democratic National Committee headquarters, in Washington, D.C.

D.N.C. staffers have confirmed that they were woefully unprepared for the masses of desperate Republicans who have shown up at the D.N.C.?s door, looking for safe harbor.

?These people have been brutalized for months and have decided to risk everything to save themselves and their families,? D.N.C. staffer Tracy Klugian said. ?When they tell you their stories, they are absolutely heartbreaking.?

Meg Whitman, who is sixty, said she left her entire life as a Republican behind after witnessing unspeakable horrors under the new G.O.P. regime.

Taking comfort from a blanket and a cup of coffee provided by D.N.C. staffers, Whitman appeared to be in a state of shock about where life under a failed state had brought her.

?I never thought I?d find myself in a place like this,? she said as she took in the unfamiliar surroundings of the D.N.C. headquarters. ?Still, anything has to be better than where I came from.?

When asked if she had any regrets about her decision to flee, Whitman choked back tears before responding. ?I had no choice,? she said. ?There is no respect for human life there.?
Jon

ghonk

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon