• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 09:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

I feel bad for her too. This almost looks like a kind of sabotage. A speechwriter, or ghostwriter, or Melania herself would know better than to leave Michelle's words that intact.

Is it even possible to plagiarize such clich?d phrases?  :P
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on July 20, 2016, 01:24:20 PM
I feel bad for her too. This almost looks like a kind of sabotage. A speechwriter, or ghostwriter, or Melania herself would know better than to leave Michelle's words that intact.

Is it even possible to plagiarize such clich?d phrases?  :P

It was a stupid mistake period.....I'm afraid that she just did what the campaign team wanted....I don't think she wrote, but just like a puppet, read it off the teleprompter.....

Remember that Trump, and team, thrive on doing the absurd tho....so was it planned?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Looks like some loyal 'Troompite' took the fall for her....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 20, 2016, 02:05:35 PM
Looks like some loyal 'Troompite' took the fall for her....

What a bunch of crap. Besides Melania even claimed on one show that she wrote the speech herself. She's full of crap too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BillT

I just think it funny that they are arguing about making what is basically a

statement of personal ethics from the HATED and REVILED first lady Obama and claiming its theirs.

While continuing to hate all things Obama because they are so ethically bad.

It works for their followers, but it will probably wear thin with a more general population.

LizStreithorst

It was more interesting tonight.  Ted Cruz made one hell of a rousing speech.  I would never vote for him either but It was the first rousing speech I've heard.  He did not endorse drumph.  Drumph is set to speak next.  His son in introducing him now.  I would like to sleep but I need to stay up and listen to what he has to say for as long as I can stand it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Oh heck.  Newt is speaking next.  I need to hit the sack.

JR

Today was a rough one. Missed the shuttle bus had to walk to the convention hall. There is some crazy folks out there. Both sides are very passionate. One old boy spit on my grandson he got knocked on his azz. Told Matt not to wear his Trump Shirt. The police are on top of it. They are doing a outstanding job. I saw police from at least 15 different states. One more day of this madness and I will be back home. Liz I like Newt he had a great speech. I wish he had been the VP pick. Talk at you all later.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: JR on July 20, 2016, 10:54:32 PM
Today was a rough one. Missed the shuttle bus had to walk to the convention hall. There is some crazy folks out there. Both sides are very passionate. One old boy spit on my grandson he got knocked on his azz. Told Matt not to wear his Trump Shirt. The police are on top of it. They are doing a outstanding job. I saw police from at least 15 different states. One more day of this madness and I will be back home. Liz I like Newt he had a great speech. I wish he had been the VP pick. Talk at you all later.

JR, I left the radio on went to bed and know that Newt did make a good speech.  I was falling into the arms of Morpheus so I couldn't remember a thing he said when I woke up.  I heard parts of Mike Spence's too.  I heard some when I was kinda sleeping and I heard excerpts the next morning.  It was an excellent speech.  The crowd got pissed off at the end when he told them to vote their conscionus.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 21, 2016, 03:29:02 PM

JR, I left the radio on went to bed and know that Newt did make a good speech.  I was falling into the arms of Morpheus so I couldn't remember a thing he said when I woke up.  I heard parts of Mike Spence's too.  I heard some when I was kinda sleeping and I heard excerpts the next morning.  It was an excellent speech.  The crowd got pissed off at the end when he told them to vote their conscionus.

...that was Cruz....
Jon

BallAquatics

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 21, 2016, 04:08:28 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 21, 2016, 03:29:02 PM

...that was Cruz....

No...Cruz got booed off the stage for saying it but Spence said it too and was booed.    I'm quite sure I'm right but I could be wrong.  JR was there.  He will confirm or deny.

Tonight we get the donald.  I don't expect he'll speak until 10 pm.  I will miss it.  I will be asleep.  It's for the best, I suppose.  I have not yet heard a speech form him that didn't make me sick.  IMO he's a simpleton who has the gift of being able to manipulate people.  He has cheated students in his "Trump University" which was never a university but a scam to take money from people trying to get a head and invested their hard earned to get nothing in return Even the teachers who worked for him said as much.   I'd like to know why that is no longer in the news?  He has something like 3,000 law suits against him.  He does not live up to his word.    He has filed bankruptcy to avoid having to pay people he owes money to.

This man who is so thin skinned and so egocentric  to be offended about being called a short fingered vulgarian to be offended by it...This man who was so offended by the president's jabs and the press dinner where jabs are a given  that he refused his invitation to this one...This man who only caters to people's fears thinks that he has a chance to win the presidency?  It ain't gonna happen.

I thought when he first decided to run that he would be the greatest gift of an opponent that Hillary could ever have.  Just wait until November and you will see that I am correct.

Mugwump

I knew Cruz said it, and wouldn't endorse Heir Donald.....but didn't hear Pence thank heavens

...Cruz does have nuts tho........he stood up for what he believes....I'll give him that... |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 21, 2016, 04:46:31 PM
I thought when he first decided to run that he would be the greatest gift of an opponent that Hillary could ever have.  Just wait until November and you will see that I am correct.

Not sure I agree, but I can see your logic.....

Better the devil you know...

Dennis