• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 12:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

We shall have to agree to disagree on daddy.  I think he was a brain.  I just didn't like his ideas.  We agree on Jr.  dumb as a stump.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

Quote from: Mugwump on Today at 12:55:10 PM

....Elizabeth's ok....but she's said no before, I thought... huh huh

I'm sure she's got good reason.....  She would certainly make Hillary a great "Al Gore".  Once upon a time, Albert was Tennessee's Golden Boy.....  before his entanglement with the Clinton clan....  LOL

She did say no before. She may change her mind.

From Hillary's point of view there are many pluses:
1) Strengthen ties to the Bernie wing of the party (they love her)
2) She has already shown that she would be a great bulldog. A bulldog is someone to make attacks on the opponent (Trump). This spares the Presidential candidate from doing the attacking, which can look back at times.
3) In my opinion, she would be a deterrent to any ideas of impreachment (many of the congressional clowns have spoken of this with respect to Obama, it seems to be a quest item for them) because that would put Elizabeth in as President and they would thing she is worse (at least the establishment GOP would).

From Elizabeth's point of view:
1) good: Good for the party and the left in general if she get Hillary elected.
2) bad: loses at lot of power in the Senate if the Dem's get control of the senate
3) being Veep vs chairman of some big Senate committee probably has less power, but the last few Dom veeps have had some decent project or influence with the big guy (or perhaps girl in this case). Depends.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 06, 2016, 04:10:48 PM
"On Point" had a really good show today about Trump and his motives and why he acts the way he does.  Should be available as a pod cast be too long.....

Dennis

I stayed up to listen to it last night but I was so tired it went in one ear and out the other.  I listened to the podcast just now.  Excellent interview with David Frum was excellent.  Alas, even he couldn't make me figure out what people see in the donald.  The same type of folks were all about Joe McCarthy back a long time ago.  They live among us.  Sometimes they come out and they have come out now.  I see the same with mosquito's.  They don't bother me for years on end but once every 8 years or so they are so bad nobody can go outside.  At least they go away as I'm sure these people will as well.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2016, 08:29:33 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on June 06, 2016, 04:10:48 PM
"On Point" had a really good show today about Trump and his motives and why he acts the way he does.  Should be available as a pod cast be too long.....

Dennis

I stayed up to listen to it last night but I was so tired it went in one ear and out the other.  I listened to the podcast just now.  Excellent interview with David Frum was excellent.  Alas, even he couldn't make me figure out what people see in the donald.  The same type of folks were all about Joe McCarthy back a long time ago.  They live among us.  Sometimes they come out and they have come out now.  I see the same with mosquito's.  They don't bother me for years on end but once every 8 years or so they are so bad nobody can go outside.  At least they go away as I'm sure these people will as well.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BillT on June 07, 2016, 08:14:20 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on Today at 12:55:10 PM

....Elizabeth's ok....but she's said no before, I thought... huh huh

I'm sure she's got good reason.....  She would certainly make Hillary a great "Al Gore".  Once upon a time, Albert was Tennessee's Golden Boy.....  before his entanglement with the Clinton clan....  LOL

She did say no before. She may change her mind.

From Hillary's point of view there are many pluses:
1) Strengthen ties to the Bernie wing of the party (they love her)
2) She has already shown that she would be a great bulldog. A bulldog is someone to make attacks on the opponent (Trump). This spares the Presidential candidate from doing the attacking, which can look back at times.
3) In my opinion, she would be a deterrent to any ideas of impreachment (many of the congressional clowns have spoken of this with respect to Obama, it seems to be a quest item for them) because that would put Elizabeth in as President and they would thing she is worse (at least the establishment GOP would).

From Elizabeth's point of view:
1) good: Good for the party and the left in general if she get Hillary elected.
2) bad: loses at lot of power in the Senate if the Dem's get control of the senate
3) being Veep vs chairman of some big Senate committee probably has less power, but the last few Dom veeps have had some decent project or influence with the big guy (or perhaps girl in this case). Depends.

Obama had to ask Hillary 3 times before she agreed to be Secretary of State.  thoughtful people often need time to think about a big decision before they make the leap.  Light you said, the Dems here lately have a good record of having important vice presidents.  Warren could have a lot of power as VP because she would have the President's ear.

LizStreithorst

Did anyone listen to Trump's speech tonight?  He read it off a teleprompter!  I could tell by the language and I could tell when he added his own few words here and there because they were such simple words and he chose the wrong words a coupe of times.  I got a stern talking to from Ryan.  He listened to advice once.  I can't see it lasting.  Nobody can control an ego maniac for long.

ghonk

I have it on,but muted it as soon as he said 4-5 words fearing i would puke.
I hate him with a PASSION,he's just about  everything i hate in people all rolled into one.

I despise racists,religiously intolerant/bigots and ARROGANT people,and Trump is all of that  with a silver spoon up his ass. 

BallAquatics

BallAquatics

Yep, he's quite the Bozo.  If Hilary can't win the election over him, she certainly won't have a better opportunity or lesser opponent.

Dennis

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson