• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 490
Total: 491

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

That's when they air it on MY NPR affiliate, not on yours.  I'm sure that I will fade out before it airs tonight.  I'll listen to the pod cast tomorrow. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 06, 2016, 07:19:07 PM
That's when they air it on MY NPR affiliate, not on yours.  I'm sure that I will fade out before it airs tonight.  I'll listen to the pod cast tomorrow.

....heck, I'm not even gonna check...... wfwf.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I never listen to that show on the air. I just get the podcasts automatically and toss the ones I'm not interested in.

LizStreithorst

Congrats Hillary.  I heard the news first on the BBC of all places.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 06, 2016, 10:02:51 PM

+1.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 07, 2016, 06:48:01 AM

+1.... |^|

+2 Now Bernie needs to stop what he is doing and try to help unify the party but he won't. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 07, 2016, 08:17:34 AM

+1.... |^|

+2 Now Bernie needs to stop what he is doing and try to help unify the party but he won't. huh

...his true colors are showing now....Hillary could seal the deal, and wrap it up, by choosing him as VP....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 07, 2016, 08:28:24 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 07, 2016, 08:17:34 AM

+1.... |^|

...his true colors are showing now....Hillary could seal the deal, and wrap it up, by choosing him as VP....

That was my thought exactly. If she does that sh will blow the Donald away.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

....Hillary could seal the deal, and wrap it up, by choosing him as VP....

LOL  How early in the morning do you guys start smoking that stuff??? 

Dennis

BallAquatics

It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues.....

https://youtu.be/eyPZFi2b380

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 07, 2016, 12:02:40 PM
....Hillary could seal the deal, and wrap it up, by choosing him as VP....

LOL  How early in the morning do you guys start smoking that stuff??? 

Dennis

LOL...........we can only hope......and an all female ticket is too much to hope for ....but would be nice..... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

What If??

A big earthquake with the strength of 8.1 on the Richter scale hits
the Middle East.

Two million Muslims die and over a million are injured.

Iraq, Iran and Syria are totally ruined and the governments don't
know where to start with providing help to rebuild.   

The rest of the world is in shock.

Britain is sending troops to help keep the peace.

Saudi Arabia is sending oil & monetary assistance. 

Latin American countries are sending clothing.

New Zealand and Australia are sending sheep, cattle and food crops.

The Asian countries are sending labor to assist in rebuilding the
infrastructure.

Canada is sending medical teams and supplies.

President Donald Trump, not to be outdone, is sending two million
replacement Muslims.

God Bless President Trump.
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 07, 2016, 01:19:35 PM
......and an all female ticket is too much to hope for ....but would be nice..... |^|

I could live with Graphic's scenario where Elizabeth Warren gets the nod and then Hillary goes to jail with Warren becoming President.  Maybe she would appoint Bernie at that point   LOL

Frankly, I don't see Hillary beating Trump.  There are far too many people who don't care for Trump but would be willing to flip the old saying, "better the devil you know (than the devil you don't)", to avoid more of the same ole same ole from Hillary and her kind.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 07, 2016, 01:32:00 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 07, 2016, 01:19:35 PM
......and an all female ticket is too much to hope for ....but would be nice..... |^|

I could live with Graphic's scenario where Elizabeth Warren gets the nod and then Hillary goes to jail with Warren becoming President.  Maybe she would appoint Bernie at that point   LOL

Frankly, I don't see Hillary beating Trump.  There are far too many people who don't care for Trump but would be willing to flip the old saying, "better the devil you know (than the devil you don't)", to avoid more of the same ole same ole from Hillary and her kind.....

Dennis

I'm afraid I don't believe that.........the Repub hype has been relentless, but soon the electorate will see the difference between a 'grownup' in the room and a racially unstable bigot spoiled brat.....I cannot see where anyone would want this man dictating foreign policy, or steering the economy....that's down right scary......you think the VietNam draft sent people to Canada....LOL.....it'll be an exodus.....
Jon

BillT

That was my scenario Dennis. the part about the Supreme Court may be a bit extreme, but the Veep part still seems pretty solid to me:
Quote from: BillT on March 18, 2016, 06:27:23 PM
I've been thinking.
This could happen from the Democratic point of view:

Hillary gets nomination. She's pretty much got it sowed up now, unless something serious comes (rather than what most Demos thing of as the GOP fictions we hear now). This is always a possibility though.

Sander does win. Some of his followers are less inclined to vote for Hillary (bad for politics). One of the traditional ways to heal up these kind of differences (not so much in the case of a blood feud as they have in the GOP) is to Pick someone for Vice President form the aggrieved group.

Sanders would probably not work (for many reasons), but someone who would, would be Elizabeth Warren (one of my favorite politicians). I would have liked to see her run for President, but no!!!

With Hillary & Elizabeth they would have the Girl Team, which I think would has a nice ring to it campaign-wise.
If Hillary gets indicted or something, Warren is the automatic back-up, which would be fine with me.

After the thing or things (meaning candidates) that come out of the current Republican party mess, they could well lose the Presidency and the Senate.

Hillary or Elizabeth appoint Obama to the Supreme Court.
The GOP should not have been such jerks!

It seems very unlikely that Sanders will be selected as Veep to me for a lot of tactical and personal political reasons.
I'm not sure what happens if the Veep becomes president. It used to remain empty till the next election with the potential transfer of power going to the Speaker of the House, but things might have changed after the Nixon/Ford thing.
If it has changed, I would expect an appointment by the Chief Executive would require approval by a legislative branch entity like the Senate.

Unless Trump starts acting more like a responsible person, I have a strong feeling that Hillary (or just about anyone) will tear him up like Goldwater was in 1964.

If he were able to act normal and less like a dictator, he has a chance, but not 50-50.
He seems to think that his personality along got him through the primaries (which it did) and wants to continue that approach in the general election. Too bad for him (and the Republican party).