• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 483
Total: 483

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on June 03, 2016, 08:34:11 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2016, 07:46:33 PM
It's a shame the debate didn't happen.  Trump proposed it.  Bernie said he was willing.  Then the donald pussied out.

Actually he didn't do it because the network wouldn't put up enough money to help women's causes. Trump wanted it as a fundraiser for women's causes.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....sure.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The two men had been kicking around the idea of a debate since Trump appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live, where Kimmel said that Sanders had passed along an invitation for Trump to debate him. Trump initially said he was open to the idea, then at a news conference he suggested he would debate on the condition that the networks donate $10 million to $15 million to charities that support women?s health causes.

But after Sanders? campaign manager pressed the issue, releasing a statement saying that the Sanders campaign had received offers from two networks wishing to host the debate and make ?a major contribution to charity,? Trump released a statement that seemingly sounded the death knell for that idea:

Based on the fact that the Democratic nominating process is totally rigged and Crooked Hillary Clinton and Deborah Wasserman Schultz will not allow Bernie Sanders to win, and now that I am the presumptive Republican nominee, it seems inappropriate that I would debate the second place finisher. Likewise, the networks want to make a killing on these events and are not proving to be too generous to charitable causes, in this case, women?s health issues. Therefore, as much as I want to debate Bernie Sanders ? and it would be an easy payday ? I will wait to debate the first place finisher in the Democratic Party, probably Crooked Hillary Clinton, or whoever it may be.

Sanders is trailing Hillary Clinton in the Democratic nomination race by hundreds of delegates and has repeatedly said he would look forward to debating Trump, while Clinton declined an invitation from Fox News to debate Sanders before the California primary.

Sanders told reporters in California that he hoped Mr. Trump would change his mind. ?Well, Mr. Trump, what are you afraid of?? Sanders said. ?If you?re so tough, let?s sit down and have that debate.?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

First Amendment: Legal Experts Say GOP Presidential Candidate Donald Trump Could Threaten Rule of Law
Legal experts told The New York Times that Trump, who has criticized the press and proposed to ban Muslims from entering the U.S., could test the guarantees of religious freedom and freedom of speech.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Trump Shuttle: Donald Trump Airline Refused to Hire Veteran Due to Military Commitment, Report Says
The Huffington Post reported on a third case in which Donald Trump allegedly fired or refused to hire military reservists. Beattie's 1991 lawsuit against Trump was settled with a consent judgment.
Jon

ghonk

Mugwump

Jon

BillT

Quote from: Mugwump on June 03, 2016, 07:35:31 PM

Nice cartoon, but this guy needs lessons in drawing cannon carriages for cannons on ships:

four small wheels not two big ones.

Mugwump

...LOL.....Bill it's a 'toon'.... w!w
Jon

BillT

Yea but it could be a better one.
I know it wants to better itself!

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on June 03, 2016, 09:14:04 PM
Yea but it could be a better one.
I know it wants to better itself!

...you may be right?.... huh
Jon

ghonk

4 wheels could have suggested stability,so in this case 1 wheel would have been the best option.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on June 04, 2016, 06:49:47 AM
4 wheels could have suggested stability,so in this case 1 wheel would have been the best option.

LOL...good thought...
Jon

ghonk

And the cannon pointing in the other direction,and i have no doubt Drumpf's   crew would still be frothing at the mouth.

BillT

The ship looks abandoned.
Sadly not the case in real life.

ghonk