• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 06:31:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 466
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 466
Total: 467

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 16, 2016, 03:59:02 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 16, 2016, 05:43:16 AM

Missing one word however.
LEGAL!.

Most of us have no problem with LEGAL immigrants.

How about if those LEGAL immigrants were Muslims,or non whites.
The same people that are bitching about the illegals would be singing the same old tune,only in a different key.     

BillT

BillT

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: ghonk on March 16, 2016, 06:14:26 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 16, 2016, 03:59:02 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 16, 2016, 05:43:16 AM

Missing one word however.
LEGAL!.

Most of us have no problem with LEGAL immigrants.

How about if those LEGAL immigrants were Muslims,or non whites.
The same people that are bitching about the illegals would be singing the same old tune,only in a different key.   
Interesting question. I might no someone who can actually answer that.

Wait. That would be me. Seems I am married to a legal resident alien. Have been since 1980. December 13 1980. Even have a kid with that alien. She is "non white". English is also her second language.

I'll wait while you extract your foot from your mouth.

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

ghonk

How about the millions of religiously intolerant and/or racists in the country,you know,a big part  of Drumpf's camp.
I was talking about the illegal immigrant  haters in general,not you personally,but  congratulations to you anyway.
If you are concerned about extraction, you need to seek out those Drumpf supporters who have their head jammed up his ass,and see if you can help them out.     

Mugwump

Donald Trump winning the US presidency is considered one of the top 10 risks facing the world, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.
The research firm warns he could disrupt the global economy and heighten political and security risks in the US.
However, it does not expect Mr Trump to defeat Hillary Clinton who it sees as "his most likely Democratic contender".
He is rated as riskier than Britain leaving the European Union or an armed clash in the South China Sea.
China encountering a "hard landing" or sharp economic slowdown and Russia's interventions in Ukraine and Syria preceding a new "cold war" are among the events seen as more dangerous.
"Thus far Mr Trump has given very few details of his policies - and these tend to be prone to constant revision," the EIU said in its global risk assessment, which looks at impact and probability.
The EIU ranking uses a scale of one to 25, with Mr Trump garnering a rating of 12, the same level of risk as "the rising threat of jihadi terrorism destabilising the global economy".
"He has been exceptionally hostile towards free trade, including notably Nafta, and has repeatedly labelled China as a 'currency manipulator'," the EIU said.
It warned his strong language directed towards Mexico and China in particular "could escalate rapidly into a trade war".
Mr Trump has called for a "big big wall" to be built on the US-Mexican border, paid for by Mexico, to keep its illegal immigrants and drug dealers out of the United States.
'Innate hostility'
On the campaign trail, Mr Trump has advocated killing the families of terrorists and invading Syria to eradicate the so-called Islamic State group and appropriate its oil.
"His militaristic tendencies towards the Middle East and ban on all Muslim travel to the US would be a potent recruitment tool for jihadi groups, increasing their threat both within the region and beyond," the EIU added.
Critics of Mr Trump have raised similar concerns.
However, the businessman is moving closer to clinching the Republican presidential nominee ticket after winning most of the popular vote.
Mr Trump, who has no prior political experience, has said his supporters would "riot" if he was denied the nomination.
In the event he does win the nomination and presidency, the EIU forecasts that domestic and foreign policymaking will be undermined.
"Innate hostility within the Republican hierarchy towards Mr Trump, combined with the inevitable virulent Democratic opposition, will see many of his more radical policies blocked in Congress," it said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35828747
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: ghonk on March 16, 2016, 11:53:46 PM
How about the millions of religiously intolerant and/or racists in the country,you know,a big part  of Drumpf's camp.
I was talking about the illegal immigrant  haters in general,not you personally,but  congratulations to you anyway.
If you are concerned about extraction, you need to seek out those Drumpf supporters who have their head jammed up his ass,and see if you can help them out.     

Since I am around a bunch of immigrants the general consensus is they don't particularly care for the illegals either. Kind of the "I came in the legal way and followed the laws you came and didn't" type attitude.

If you're here illegally you broke US law. Why should you be rewarded? If I kill you should I be rewarded?

As for the Muslims just look at what's going on in countries where the "refugees" were allowed in. Face it. They've been problematic since the beginning of time. Look at the crusades. And it seems the Founding Fathers had problems with them also.

Alas, I also am friends with many of the Muslim faith. And they are good friends. Too bad they don't like bacon.

Looking at your comments however I understand how tolerant the left is for free speech. We have that right. Unless of course it disagrees with you.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

ghonk

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 17, 2016, 09:19:29 AM

Since I am around a bunch of immigrants the general consensus is they don't particularly care for the illegals either. Kind of the "I came in the legal way and followed the laws you came and didn't" type attitude.

If you're here illegally you broke US law. Why should you be rewarded? If I kill you should I be rewarded?

As for the Muslims just look at what's going on in countries where the "refugees" were allowed in. Face it. They've been problematic since the beginning of time. Look at the crusades. And it seems the Founding Fathers had problems with them also.

Alas, I also am friends with many of the Muslim faith. And they are good friends. Too bad they don't like bacon.

Looking at your comments however I understand how tolerant the left is for free speech. We have that right. Unless of course it disagrees with you.

Muslims haven't been any more problematic since the beginning of time then Christians have been,and if what you say is true then the Founding Fathers were religiously intolerant themselves,and is not something that should be celebrated.

LizStreithorst

Common guys, can't we give it a rest?
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: ghonk on March 17, 2016, 01:21:42 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 17, 2016, 09:19:29 AM

Muslims haven't been any more problematic since the beginning of time then Christians have been,and if what you say is true then the Founding Fathers were religiously intolerant themselves,and is not something that should be celebrated.

Little tough to have tolerance when they pretty much want to behead you. Of course I realize that is not true for the majority that hold it as a religion unto itself but it is hard to tell the difference.

Remember the Crusades were to reclaim the Holy Land that Muslims conquered.

QuoteSo what is the truth about the Crusades? Scholars are still working some of that out. But much can already be said with certainty. For starters, the Crusades to the East were in every way defensive wars. They were a direct response to Muslim aggression?an attempt to turn back or defend against Muslim conquests of Christian lands.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/mayweb-only/52.0.html

Mugwump

...Politics...ok.........Religion?....nada.....let's back to Trump bashing....besides, it's more fun.. |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Hell, there are people I like who voted for Trump.  I think he's a joke, you think he's a joke but a very great number of voting republicans think that he is like the second coming. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2016, 01:35:05 PM
Hell, there are people I like who voted for Trump.  I think he's a joke, you think he's a joke but a very great number of voting republicans think that he is like the second coming.
I've been labeled, by certain members of my family, as a pot-stirrer. That's what I like about Trump. He's stirring that pot that has gotten pretty stagnant.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron